Removing lifting acrylic during rebalance.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLNails

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
interested in how you remove lifted areas during rebalancing/refill. I hate the thought of clipping it off. Is there a kinder way. The best way would be to have no lifting I know but I still get a little bit on my Clients. Please help I have my prone lifter coming today for a rebalance!

Thanks guys
:Love:MLNails

file behind the lifted area, so that you are filing through the product that is still firmly attached to the nail, then the lifted portion will drop off

if you file on top of the lift you will make it lift further by the slight vibration caused by the filing

For the lifting you have to deal with now: as mentioned above, file behind the lift, thinning the product down flush to the nail plate; the lifted area will just flake away. It helps to use gradually finer grits the closer you get to the nail plate (ie--I use a 100 for the bulk, then a 180, and then a 240 at the very end. Works great).

To avoid lifting, and/or lots of filing to remove lifting later: try to keep your application as thin as possible, especially near the cuticle (where it should be flush anyway). Less to file if you have to. But especially pay attention to your PREP. And do not underestimate the power of Scrubfresh, actually SCRUBBED into the nail plate. I can't believe how much difference it makes for me! Also, getting the mix ratio just right. I just had an educator show me a bead of the correct consistancy, and a LIGHT clicked on, and I've been doing all my work without primer now. Anyway, these are the two most important things to pay attention to in order to beat lifting.

Hope this helps!

Hi

As others have said I have been taught to file behind the area and it will just 'pop' off. I've found that if I angle the file slightly that it works quickly. Sorry not so good at describing that!!

Always remember to be careful not to file onto the natural nail though.

I think if you clip the area off you risk the acrylic pulling up parts of the nail plate with it which is definately not something we want to be doing.

hth :hug:

I think if you clip the area off you risk the acrylic pulling up parts of the nail plate with it which is definately not something we want to be doing

I agree with this wholeheartedly, I once worked in a salon where this was expected of me and I flatly refused, you can cause so much damage doing this. Some people think it saves time but it sure as hell doesn't save the nailplate.

Instead of attacking the lifted area straight away debulk the nail first. ie thin the nail out first as you would anyway for a rebalance, then go to remove the lifted part - file just behind the lift, it will comes away much easier. Hth

Julie xx

I can't thank you enough I had never been taught to file behind the lift! I'm looking forward to giving it a go. Also I keep hearing about 'Scrubfresh', curiousity has got the better of me I'm going to give it a go.

Thanks again for your advice
:wink2:MLNails
xx

I agree with this wholeheartedly, I once worked in a salon where this was expected of me and I flatly refused, you can cause so much damage doing this. Some people think it saves time but it sure as hell doesn't save the nailplate.

Short cuts make LONG delays!!

As Fifitrix says: it doesn't save the nailplate!!

Short cuts, like Clipping, eventually thins out the nail plates so much that your clients get even worse lifting as ..... the stronger the nail plate, the better the product adheres to it.

So take a look at the link above and buy yourself a copy of 'nailclass' .....

<b>Books</b>

will teach you lots of useful techniques for other things too.

Latest posts

Back