Removing Live semi permanent colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kourea

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a junior and I’ve been asked by my friend how to get out the last remaining parts of Live hot pink. It’s the semi permanent one, applied onto bleached half highlighted hair. All of the dye on the non highlighted part is gone. She wants fresh blonde highlights put in late April. She’s done 5 of the 11-12 washes and uses head and shoulders but it doesn’t appear to be coming out any more.
What can she try until she gets to the salon, and if that doesn’t work is there something I can try before she goes e on down restrictions ease?

Please don’t advise using Head and Shoulders shampoo to remove hair colour as it will strip the natural oils in the hair and could cause a direct dye colour to stain the cuticle layer. It’s an old fashioned ‘remedy’ that no decent professional should ever recommend to a client.

The fact that the colour remains on the highlighted hair only, must give you a clue?

She could try a direct dye remover but if the highlighted hair is stained, then it may not remove all of the colour. Bleach will only make things worse.

Also, Live box colours used to contain metallic salts so remember the importance of checking the ingredients list on box dyes or doing an incompatibility test before going anywhere near it with peroxide based colours.

Do you have an experienced colourist knowledgable about direct dye colours in your salon who she can book in with? This isn’t something an inexperienced hairdresser should tackle.

Latest posts

Back