Removing multiple colors from bleached hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

invertere

Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a pickle and I'm hoping someone on this forum can give me some advice.

My natural color is medium brown with red undertones. In March, I dyed my hair to a golden blonde. Since the red made it come out way too gold, the hairdresser put ash on my hair to tone it down.

Two days ago, I had to go to get my roots done but my mother convinced me to go to a friend of the family instead. I was already wary about this since she is older and not as up to date as my other salon, but money is tight right now so I went. She was able to bleach it to the same shade of golden blonde, but instead of adding ash like my other salon, she tried to match the shade with hair dye. The color dye she used was a reddish blonde, so when she put it on, it pretty much just gave my blonde hair an orange tint. It made the roots a really vibrant orangey blonde since she used nothing to tone down the blonde beforehand.

I really don't want to go back there to get it fixed since I know she'll just put more dye on my hair which won't actually fix the problem. I can't afford to go to another salon either. I've been looking around on the internet and I think I've got a pretty good idea about toners. It sounds like that could get rid of the orangey yellow in my hair if I used a blue/violet toner. I was wondering if anyone with experience could tell me if that would work or not? I need to find a way to get rid of the orange as well as tone down the bright gold underneath it. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Latest posts

Back