Removing nail art/stamping error

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondie3384

Reaction score
Hello,

This is actually for my friend who has recently started her own business - but seeing as I am also starting, I'll probably have the same question!

When applying stamping or nail art (on top of the second cured colour coat), what do you do if you make an error? Do you just wipe it off with d.sperse or with scrub fresh - but wouldn't this remove the sticky layer?

Watched lots of YouTube tutorials, but they never seem to make any mistakes!

You'd remove the sticky layer before stamping anyway, otherwise the stamp may not transfer properly. So yes you can go ahead and wipe it off if you need to, but ideally you shouldn't need to. I'd recommend dedicating an evening to practicing stamping on nail art tips, just to get the technique down, then it becomes quite easy when you're used to it. I wouldn't recommend using clients as test dummies for these things and it's a whole lot more fun practicing without pressure ;)

When starting with stamped designs, finish the colour and top coat layer, wipe off and then stamp. This way if you make a bodge or it doesn't print completely you just wipe off with alcohol and start again. Once the design is as you want it, top coat again.

If you get super good on stamping, then move to doing it straight onto the colour coat.

so i dont always remove the tacky layer before stamping, but i do use rubbing alcohol whenever ive made a mistake and need to remove it. ive never had a client have a problem with how long it lasts after doing so :)

Latest posts

Back