Removing nail polish for infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babezone

Reaction score
Ok so obviously im new and as some of you have red i wouldnt say ive had the best of training expiriences. But i done a set of l&p on myself approx 3 weeks ago and last friday i needed some infills....any way. i had been wearing alof of polish designs and upon removing these. i noticed all around the edges of the acrylic there was still nail polish i did have a little lifiting on 1 finger but nothing too severe and the rest were fine still stuck solid to my nail but its almost like the polish had still seemed to ever so slightly gotten under the edge rim of acrylic. But question is how do i get rid of it obviously doing infills ontop your going to see slight nail polish stains underneath or would i literally have to remove and and start again. I just dont feel my training has given me enough to cope with a situation like this so i thought id ask some geekies xxx
Thanks xxx

when i do infills , we are filing the old acrylic off so the polish should file off before you re apply new acrylic, i would never leave it on and re apply acrylic ever....
there should be no need to take them off and start again ..... practise practise practise and you ll get there

Thanks I did think about that but didn't know if it would affect it filing of to much acrylic. I'm so so worried of accidentally filing my own nail as I really over blended them
Whilst on my course and they are super thin and tender and it's so so difficult to file with my left hand lol xxx

Ok so obviously im new and as some of you have red i wouldnt say ive had the best of training expiriences. But i done a set of l&p on myself approx 3 weeks ago and last friday i needed some infills....any way. i had been wearing alof of polish designs and upon removing these. i noticed all around the edges of the acrylic there was still nail polish i did have a little lifiting on 1 finger but nothing too severe and the rest were fine still stuck solid to my nail but its almost like the polish had still seemed to ever so slightly gotten under the edge rim of acrylic. But question is how do i get rid of it obviously doing infills ontop your going to see slight nail polish stains underneath or would i literally have to remove and and start again. I just dont feel my training has given me enough to cope with a situation like this so i thought id ask some geekies xxx
Thanks xxx
If polish has seeped under the edge of the product, then there is lifting there.

It all has to be removed with careful gentle file prep, every bit. When you have finished doing maintenance, your nails should look like a brand new set every single time.

Last edited:
yeah it is quite hard doing your opposite hand , i mean there must be a little raggy edges for the polish to off seeped under but i would file them flat if you can manage it on yourself .... but it is all about practise .. who did u train with ?
i have to say iv used CND for 11 years and never had any bother

good luck & things will start clicking in to place the more nails you do :biggrin:

As Geeg said the polish has seeped under where the lifting is and that's the acrylic you need to file away to prepare for your infill/rebalance.

CND training on this is brill-I was taught that instead of filing the bit of acrylic that has lifted, position your file just before the lifting (on the solid acrylic) and gently file through until the lifted acrylic sort of flakes away. This protects your nail as you are keeping the file on the product and if you are gentle it will be ok. Hope that helps.

I also struggle with my wrong hand and end up moving my finger under the file sometimes on delicate bits like that. Probably a bad habit!

I also struggle with my wrong hand and end up moving my finger under the file sometimes on delicate bits like that. Probably a bad habit!

No I think that's a very good habit Pixiebeauty and the only way to do that pesky opposite hand unless you're ambidextrous x

Latest posts

Back