removing nail polish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahlouise

Reaction score
hello guys..I had a client two days ago wantin nail polish on her acrylic set so i put a base coat on then the varnish and now she wants the varnish off..could some one please tell me what you use to remove nail varnish off artificial nails with so client can go back to the white n pink look...without havin to remove nails and re do!i did think (none acetone )nail polish remover?? but dont want to go n do that if its wrong...any help would be great x x x

I would say just use acetone - free nail polish remover and when you have removed it you maybe polish them once more or just apply clear coat for the shine

u should just be able to use a non-acetone remover and then if the nails look dull use a high shine buffer (OPI brilliance blocks are amazing!!)

I havent looked at your profile babe but surely you should know this ???

thankyou DaisyMae and sophie for your help.. xxx

if you looked at my profile you'll see I've only been qualified since sept this year...so there are some things that I don't know! that's why I asked..

It is good that you asked hun,

didn't they teach you on your course ?
Don't think any ones having a go hun...we would just think you should have been taught this, it's quite important to know before qualifying really.

Acetone free polish remover is what is required.
I am sure it was probably covered in your training....but you do get bombarded with a lot of information during courses, and maybe that bit didn't sink in lol:lol:...I know that feeling.

It would be a good idea for you to make up a homecare leaflet for your clients or have a section on your pricelist with this information on it. Telling them things like only to use acetone free polish remover, use a good cuticle oil,treat their nails like jewels not tools etc......HTH

I thought the same thing, what are they teachng in schools these days?, or is the nailgeek a common source of education for less than professional *cough * cough, teechers or their gullible students?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but sometimes i get peeved by the lack of education being taught for money, or are we (salongeek, nailgeek) the only teachers?

Removing polish is VERY basic information, you should ask for your money back, i'm quite concerned about other information you weren't taught.

You are very lucky to have found this site to prop up your training.

I thought the same thing, what are they teachng in schools these days?, or is the nailgeek a common source of education for less than professional *cough * cough, teechers or their gullible students?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but sometimes i get peeved by the lack of education being taught for money, or are we (salongeek, nailgeek) the only teachers?

Removing polish is VERY basic information, you should ask for your money back, i'm quite concerned about other information you weren't taught.

You are very lucky to have found this site to prop up your training.

wow that was a bit much.... didn't really deserve that....there is so much to take in, I did say is it acetone free polish when I asked... I just wanted to make sure I was right.. why the slating? I'm new to this and I thought people were happy to help.. and yes it was in my notes I have just checked I just didn't look, maybe I should have done so I'm sorry I asked without looking in my notes beforehand.. I found what you said rather hurtful.

wow that was abit much....didnt really deserve that....there is so much to take in i did say is it acetone free polish when i asked...i just wanted to make sure i was right..why the slating?im new to this n i 4ort ppl were happy to help..and yes it was in my notes i have just checked i just didnt look maybe i should have done so im sorry i asked without lookin in my notes b4 hand..i found what u said rather hurtful.
Nobody is having a go at you hun,
and I'm sure not of the comments made are directed at YOU ...its more about the education you recieved babe,
its just one of those things you would imagine that an educator would drum into you..
Honestly dont be p!ssed off mate,
You did the right thing, by double checking xxxx

Nobody is having a go at you hun,
and I'm sure not of the comments made are directed at YOU ...its more about the education you recieved babe,
its just one of those things you would imagine that an educator would drum into you..
Honestly dont be p!ssed off mate,
You did the right thing, by double checking xxxx
yeah I know.. but since my course I have been (still doing my full time job in care)as well as setting up my mobile nails.. and how much work goes into that.. I had no idea about how much goes into 'setting yourself up' but nails is my passion and I don't see how someone who don't know me nor seen my work can say 'I should ask for my money back') how hurtful is that... I'm not trying to justify myself.. I know I should have looked in notes before asking the silly question that if I really thought about it I would know.. thanks for your kind words though xx

wow that was abit much....didnt really deserve that....there is so much to take in i did say is it acetone free polish when i asked...i just wanted to make sure i was right..why the slating?im new to this n i 4ort ppl were happy to help..and yes it was in my notes i have just checked i just didnt look maybe i should have done so im sorry i asked without lookin in my notes b4 hand..i found what u said rather hurtful.

I'm not having a go at you, it's more the training I was doubting. I'm just (quite often) astounded at the questions asked by peeps that have had training. Don't take things so personally.

yeah i kno..but since my course i have been (still doin my full time job in care)aswel as setin up my moblie nails..n how much work goes into that..i had no idea about how much goes into 'setin urself up' but nails is my passion and i dont c how sumone who dont kno me nor seen my work can say 'i should ask 4 my monney back.'...)how hurtful is that... im not tryin to justify myself..i know i should have looked in notes b4 for askin the silly question that if i really 4ort bout it i would kno..thanks for ur kind words tho xx

in the early days of my course the first thing we did was a full tip overlay.. then apply polish.. then remove.. then buff.. then do it again repeat repeat repeat! (I thought we would never move on to P&W
I think what people are saying is.. Its a basic thing that should have been taught if not at least remembered.. (if its anything like my case which was doing it over and over again.. if for no other reason the to learn zones..)

Asking for your money back comment was directed at the level of training you recieved.. not your standard of nails.. because as a trained tech i cannot for the life of me get my head around the question you initially asked.. please please dont assume im having a go at you or calling you out.. i am simply saying as have others that knowing non-acetone is used to take off polish from enhancements is basic knowledge requirement for enhancements and if you are setting up mobile it might be a good idea to refresh yourself with your notes or look for another course.. (and mate there aint nothing wrong with that as we all do it for one reason or another):green:

in the early days of my course the first thing we did was a full tip overlay.. then apply polish.. then remove.. then buff.. then do it again repeat repeat repeat! (I thought we would never move on to P&W
I think what people are saying is.. Its a basic thing that should have been taught if not at least remembered.. (if its anything like my case which was doing it over and over again.. if for no other reason the to learn zones..)

Asking for your money back comment was directed at the level of training you recieved.. not your standard of nails.. because as a trained tech i cannot for the life of me get my head around the question you initially asked.. please please dont assume im having a go at you or calling you out.. i am simply saying as have others that knowing non-acetone is used to take off polish from enhancements is basic knowledge requirement for enhancements and if you are setting up mobile it might be a good idea to refresh yourself with your notes or look for another course.. (and mate there aint nothing wrong with that as we all do it for one reason or another):green:

hi, I am going to do a lot more courses.. I'm 22 and for me I feel I've got along way to go a lot more learning to do,my question was just to know if what I was saying was right that's all, its not like I did not have a clue. like I said I should have looked in my notes before posting.. I know that now! and yes it was a hurtful comment that was posted to me bout asking for my money back.. i have like everyone worked hard to drum it all in my head..sometimes you think oh I forgot...best look in my notes..., it's something of nothing that did not need that comment said.. rather it was just left now.. thanks for your thoughts on it though, I don't think your having a go at me at all!x

hi, I am going to do a lot more courses.. I'm 22 and for me I feel I've got along way to go a lot more learning to do,my question was just to know if what I was saying was right that's all, its not like I did not have a clue. like I said I should have looked in my notes before posting.. I know that now! and yes it was a hurtful comment that was posted to me bout asking for my money back.. i have like everyone worked hard to drum it all in my head..sometimes you think oh I forgot...best look in my notes..., it's something of nothing that did not need that comment said.. rather it was just left now.. thanks for your thoughts on it though, I don't think your having a go at me at all!x

hey im glad.. and i do feel a bit hypocritical because i for one have said no question is to silly.. but anyway.. moving on.. you will get it mate.. its just a matter of believing you can do it and getting on with it!
like i said i dont think anyone was having a go at you.. but hey.. it obviously got to you.. we all are really here to help each other and i hope you continue to feel comfy doing so!
good luck!

yeah I know.. but since my course I have been (still doing my full time job in care)as well as setting up my mobile nails.. and how much work goes into that.. I had no idea about how much goes into 'setting yourself up' but nails is my passion and I don't see how someone who don't know me nor seen my work can say 'I should ask for my money back') how hurtful is that... I'm not trying to justify myself.. I know I should have looked in notes before asking the silly question that if I really thought about it I would know.. thanks for your kind words though xx

Some of us, like Nailzoo and myself say what we think and it can come accross as being rude, hurtful etc. but that is just the way we are.
I thought exactly the same as Nailzoo as probably many others did but didn't say it.
I was exactly like yourself when I first sarted out and I think a lot of it is confidence and not trying to offer bad advice. It will come with time.
I was taught terribly at college and used to spend hours on this site when I first started out and learnt so much.
Creative do some really good aftercare leaflets which may be worth you buying, they are really professional looking and have all the information on them regarding what clients should and should not do.

I think that in all fairness as the initial question has been answered that this should be left now...however a new thread on the quality of training would be agreat idea. x

I think that in all fairness as the initial question has been answered that this should be left now...however a new thread on the quality of training would be agreat idea. x
thankyou!and yes that is a good ideaxxx

I would say just use acetone - free nail polish remover and when you have removed it you maybe polish them once more or just apply clear coat for the shine
hi I WOULD JUST SAY USE ACIDTONE:lol:

Latest posts

Back