Removing pink tone from extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
I had to remove my clients extensions after 3 weeks because they turned pink.
They did have a pink/red tone when fitting but I didn’t think after a few washes they would turn a different colour.
Does anyone have any advice on how to remove the peach tone or would it be a case of just having to dye them darker to get rid of it?

Attachments

• 8C0EB9E7-7372-4F7A-A09B-80A0E08DB020.jpeg
    8C0EB9E7-7372-4F7A-A09B-80A0E08DB020.jpeg
    778.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 6DCC7282-DF2C-4DC5-9927-2D54CE87031D.jpeg
    6DCC7282-DF2C-4DC5-9927-2D54CE87031D.jpeg
    914.7 KB · Views: 100
  • B7B8EE82-3EC2-4714-AB9C-91EE6BD0CFA2.jpeg
    B7B8EE82-3EC2-4714-AB9C-91EE6BD0CFA2.jpeg
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 95
Colouring extensions is not for the faint hearted and can be extremely tricky. Due to the amount of chemical processing they've been through they don't act the same as natural hair and you never know what the results will be.

I recommend getting in touch with the supplier and seeing if they can rectify the problem. For now you might want to try a different brand for this particular client.

Colouring extensions is not for the faint hearted and can be extremely tricky. Due to the amount of chemical processing they've been through they don't act the same as natural hair and you never know what the results will be.

I recommend getting in touch with the supplier and seeing if they can rectify the problem. For now you might want to try a different brand for this particular client.

Unfortunately the supplier would not offer anything as they said it’s natural discolouration..within 3 weeks..

Yeah I have replaced the hair with a different supplier for free so hopefully will be okay now.

But as this may happen again in the future I thought there may be a way to get rid of unwanted tone

Unfortunately the supplier would not offer anything as they said it’s natural discolouration..within 3 weeks..

Yeah I have replaced the hair with a different supplier for free so hopefully will be okay now.

But as this may happen again in the future I thought there may be a way to get rid of unwanted tone
Oh, thats annoying[emoji15] I'd expect them to send a replacement set. I'd keep nagging if I were you as I think that's unacceptable.

Its more trouble than its worth colouring extensions, especially if you're unqualified or inexperienced in colour.

Oh, thats annoying[emoji15] I'd expect them to send a replacement set. I'd keep nagging if I were you as I think that's unacceptable.

Its more trouble than its worth colouring extensions, especially if you're unqualified or inexperienced in colour.

Trust me I’ve nagged! But they have said it’s ‘natural discolouration’. So I’ve switched suppliers as not very happy with the customer service.

Yeah I did think that, just thought as the hair is only 3 weeks old is a waste :(

Trust me I’ve nagged! But they have said it’s ‘natural discolouration’. So I’ve switched suppliers as not very happy with the customer service.

Yeah I did think that, just thought as the hair is only 3 weeks old is a waste :(
Thats terrible, what company is it if you don't mind me asking? Rubbish excuse, hair extensions are processed in a way that they shouldn't really fade. I've never had extensions where the colour has faded unless I constantly use heat on them which you shouldn't do anyway!

Thats terrible, what company is it if you don't mind me asking? Rubbish excuse, hair extensions are processed in a way that they shouldn't really fade. I've never had extensions where the colour has faded unless I constantly use heat on them which you shouldn't do anyway!
It was euphoria one. Yeah I was very annoyed, out of pocket having to replace the hair free of charge!,

So will only be ordering with them when I have too now. X

Yeah I’ve had extensions lighten slightly over Time but not turn pink -.-

Malibu c crystals works well

Hi can I ask what supplier you switched too...currently on the look out for a new supplier as I have had the same problem xx

Hi can I ask what supplier you switched too...currently on the look out for a new supplier as I have had the same problem xx
I’ve been using angel remy & simply hair x
And looking at glamlox x

May use euphoria one again if they fix the issue with new hair or a refund as the actual quality of their hair is fine. But if they won’t fix issues I’d rather not use them!

I am so glad I have seen this as I have had problems with receiving pink hair from this supplier too and they point blank refuse to help. Kept the hair and my money. I’ve asked for the hair to be sent back now after reading about the Malibu treatment, spent £130 and £7 to send them back and numerous emails back and forth. She admitted they sell different shades of 18/22 which obviously isn’t any use to someone who has their hair the same colour as 18/22 and has done for 10 years. The 18 part of the hair was fully pink and I didn’t even wear them but had only noticed it in natural light once opened which is when they try and say it can’t be refunded even though it is clearly faulty.

I’ve had this issue so many times too! And has to send the hair back! The only thing I found thay helped was shade 18 comes in dark and light and found that the darker shade has the pink tone the light doesn’t ! X

Hi all,

Euphoria’s hair has had a pink tinge to it every time I have ordered lately. It’s most noticeable In blondes but also the brunette shades have had a red/pink hue to them.

malibu Crystal sachets are great if the discolouration has occurred as a result of a chemical process eg sun cream or chemicals in chlorine but the colour on euphorias hair has been applied directly to the hair so it won’t remove without bleach, which isn’t advisable and not something we should have to do. X

I have had the same problem over and over with the same supplier it is so embarrassing. I have also noticed with a darker colour I ordered and has a orange / ginger tone. My client (luckily one of my colleagues in the salon) removed the hair after 3 weeks as it was so bad also kept knotting up. I have also noticed the quality has gone down hill a lot. Customer service poor and it’s such a shame.

I ordered from Prestige to try on my self before switching and I did have a problem with tips but I can’t fault them. The customer service I have received from them has been amazing! Replied quickly with helpful advice and resolved my issue quickly.

I have had the same problem over and over with the same supplier it is so embarrassing. I have also noticed with a darker colour I ordered and has a orange / ginger tone. My client (luckily one of my colleagues in the salon) removed the hair after 3 weeks as it was so bad also kept knotting up. I have also noticed the quality has gone down hill a lot. Customer service poor and it’s such a shame.

I ordered from Prestige to try on my self before switching and I did have a problem with tips but I can’t fault them. The customer service I have received from them has been amazing! Replied quickly with helpful advice and resolved my issue quickly.
I’ve noticed the quality has gone down hill too, I normally order the Brazilian range but wonder if there’s been a shortage with covid and they’re sending out the cheaper hair instead (just speculation). Seriously considering changing supplier as they keep upping their prices too and the quality is getting worse and worse. Super fed up ! X

Latest posts

Back