removing polish ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonjovirock4eva

Reaction score
hi im very new to nails ( i used to bite mine till 4 months ago grew them an developed a big obsession lol)

im loving playing with polishes and nail art and try something new every day or so but was just wondering if using so much nail polish remover will dry out my nails? im using opi ace-tonefree my fingers do feel a bit dry.

also when im removing darker colours i usually end up staining my cuticles and sometimes underneath the free edge any help would be great xxx:)

You should be ok as long as you use something such as cnd solar oil to condition your nails and cuticle.
As for the staining of the cuticle area and under the free edge, you really shouldn't be getting the polish on these areas.
I don't know if you have had any training at all in manicures as you have no info at all on your profile, but a professional would always leave at least a 1mm gap around the nail so that the polish doesn't go on to your skin.
If you do go on to the skin you should tidy up using npr and a brush or cotton stick.
HTH.

im loving playing with polishes and nail art and try something new every day or so but was just wondering if using so much nail polish remover will dry out my nails? im using opi ace-tonefree my fingers do feel a bit dry.
Make sure you don't remove enamel too frequently... http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unaturale/6245-my-big-fat-greek-leukonychia.html

also when im removing darker colours i usually end up staining my cuticles and sometimes underneath the free edge any help would be great xxx:)
Make sure you don't over saturate the lint free pad with remover.
Hope that helps a bit :green:

When removing polish, especially dark colours, ensure that your pad has plenty of remover on it, but not drippy! Place it onto the nail plate and apply some gentle pressure, do not attempt to wipe off for at least 10 seconds. After 10 seconds wipe from cuticle to free edge in one movement - DO NOT SRUB backwards and forwards otherwise you'll be pushing the colour up to the cuticle. Change your nail pad frequently so that you are not adding more polish, but actually removing it!

Always start with the smallest nail, so that the removed polish, on the pad, is not going on to surrounding skin on the next nail

I use product remover or acetone, (for natural nails obviously) Yeah I reckon you will all shout me down but it doesnt cause any harm as I always follow up with use of soloar oil etc, its much more effective and I do this on ALL of my clients in salon and mobile its a very effective method I find.

as i think ..if too much polish..will be a little bad to our nail....:green:

Latest posts

Back