Removing purple toner wanting silver

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzie M

Reaction score
Hi I have a new client (I’m mobile) who is level 6 roots with very purple hair that she has previously had pre bleached and has been toning the hair herself at home with Jerome Russell BBlonde silver toner quite regularly and it is deep purple which she likes but now wants to go icy/silver ! So my question is as I’ve never come across this before
1. do I bleach the base 6 roots then the length and ends to strip the purple toner out ?
2. What do you suggest I put on to achieve ice/silver? Worried it will go green and as she’s already been using ‘silver’ which is actually very purple how to I get to actual silver 😕

Hi I have a new client (I’m mobile) who is level 6 roots with very purple hair that she has previously had pre bleached and has been toning the hair herself at home with Jerome Russell BBlonde silver toner quite regularly and it is deep purple which she likes but now wants to go icy/silver ! So my question is as I’ve never come across this before
1. do I bleach the base 6 roots then the length and ends to strip the purple toner out ?
2. What do you suggest I put on to achieve ice/silver? Worried it will go green and as she’s already been using ‘silver’ which is actually very purple how to I get to actual silver 😕
I'd do a strand test, you could do bleach +6% on the roots and then use either bleach + 1.9% or bleach +3% depending on saturated the hair looks. The reason for a strand test would be to make sure it can be lifted out and not cause any nasty green residue.
If it doesn't come out with bleach, you'll need to use a direct die remover.
Choosing a toner in advance is difficult because hair is so unpredictable, but you need to formulate something on the same base level or lower with ash, pearl and violet in it. What brand do you use?

As @ronray says, you need to do strand tests first rather than going straight in with bleach otherwise you risk making a tricky colour correction virtually impossible to achieve.

I’d try a direct dye remover first because I think that Bleach will encourage it to stain the cuticle layer and once it does that, your only option is to colour over it or cut it out.

As @ronray says, you need to do strand tests first rather than going straight in with bleach otherwise you risk making a tricky colour correction virtually impossible to achieve.

I’d try a direct dye remover first because I think that Bleach will encourage it to stain the cuticle layer and once it does that, your only option is to colour over it or cut it out.
Sensible 🙈🙈🤪🤪 I didn't think of that! 😂

Latest posts

Back