Removing Sock fluff?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toothfairy

Reaction score
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone struggles with removing sock fluff from under the free edge.
I use an Orange stick to clean under the free edge but I have a client who's free edge/side walls are quite deep and look like they are lifting.
I am worried if I continue to use an orange stick and have to go quite deep then I could cause the free edge/side walls to lift more.

Hi please don't clean under people's free edge you can catch allsorts from under dirty nails :( if the are really bad kindly ask them to wash their hands for you & give them a disposable nail brush ;) xx

Hi please don't clean under people's free edge you can catch allsorts from under dirty nails :( if the are really bad kindly ask them to wash their hands for you & give them a disposable nail brush ;) xx

I think thats easier said than done. Some people simply cant reach their feet hence pay for your services for you simply to help them to this also.

I would certainly hope that all clients would have done their best to wash there but when it comes to the sock fluff then sometimes you just have to ensure they are thorough soaked by you ... :0

Dirty job but someone has to do it....

Sorry I'm an idiot, never noticed the word "sock" hence thinking of dirty fingernails lol , but actually I still wouldn't clean under the free edge, toe jam, no thanks, does a chiropodist do this? x

Last edited:
i have never ever cleaned under a clients free edge and never will. Sorry but its bad enough cleaning under my own free edge on toe nails. Im not paid enough to get rid of toe cheese.

I use a curette to clean under the toenails. Luckily for me, gross things do not bother me, to be perfectly honest I'm pretty amused by just how much gooky-gooey stuff is under there.:o

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back