Removing spray tans!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hi Girls,
I know this may have been discussed before but I need some advice and a solution!
Over the past couple of weeks ive had many clients ask me how to get their spray tan off as its really hard!
When doing dark tans 12%+ I always advise the client to exfoliate a day or two after theyve first had the tan to make sure it comes off nicely and evenly. They say they do this but whether they do or not I am not sure.
Anyway I had a girl come to me on Friday with some of her old tan still on... It looked disgusting, like she had a skin disease! I was shocked to be honest.
Im just wondering what I can advise them to do to fully get their tan off a day or two before they come to me?
I have advised a hot bath with baby oil but I havent heard back from clients as to whether it works or not?
Soooo many girls have asked me how to get their tans off recently its really weird! Some of the tans I havent actually done myself x

when i was on my course she said to go for a swim as the chlorine would remove the tan :lol:

I think its just a case of scrubbing but if anyone else has any secret tips on other methods please let us know. I too am suffering a horrible patchy tan just now and I would love to get rid of it.
If your tans are going patchy then you should maybe think about changing your solution for one with a better rear off. My normal solution Suntana usually wears really well and I've never had someone asking how to remove it. However I sprayed myself with a sample from LDN Skins the other day and its gone really yellow and patchy. I look ill! Need it off ASAP! Xx

Salt and lemon... or I have heard whitening toothpaste works ha sounds daft and never tried it myself but know a few people who do it to get patchy tan off :)

I use Nouvatan and I am more than happy with this solution.
The only reason I think its going patchy as its 14%, 16% and 20%.
I think most tans that are that dark will come off slightly patchy as it will always be such a contrast to our normal skin.
If I am wrong please correct me!!
I just need some hints and tips for my clients for a quick removal lol x

Might be worth having a chat with Pauline at https://www.facebook.com/fakeofftanremover
I havent used this yet but have used some of the tanning solutions over the years.
There are other products on the market to remove false tan, it might be worth stocking some for retail. Another little income !

If I ever have left over tan, I run a bath put baby oil in it, not too much soak for 10 minutes, then use my exfoliating gloves.

Hope this helps.

xx

A few years back, Zingara posted a thread on how to remove tan so easily using a pineapple and baby oil!

Do a search for some of her posts and you may be able to find it - it works really well.

A few years back, Zingara posted a thread on how to remove tan so easily using a pineapple and baby oil!

Do a search for some of her posts and you may be able to find it - it works really well.
Sounds exotic, brings images of hen parties and wild flings to mind LOL

Thanks immx - I'm going to reformulate that and put it in my aftercare leaflet! (and tomorrow I'm going pineapple shopping to try it out LOL we're away next week and I'd like my tan gone (the last few bits) as I'll be in a swimsuit most of the week in centre parks LOL No point in spraying ready for it as the amount of chlorine will strip it after the first day or two :( booo hiss! )

I just use exfoliating gloves and rub baby oil in after a shower x

Tinxy get some oil free suncream thats waterproof slap it on before getting in the pool :D hawiian tropix do a spray and cream, I got both for under a fiver at tk maxx hth xx

Thanks immx - I'm going to reformulate that and put it in my aftercare leaflet! (and tomorrow I'm going pineapple shopping to try it out LOL we're away next week and I'd like my tan gone (the last few bits) as I'll be in a swimsuit most of the week in centre parks LOL No point in spraying ready for it as the amount of chlorine will strip it after the first day or two :( booo hiss! )

Latest posts

Back