Removing tan from the soles of feet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10perfect10

Reaction score
Hiya all
Need help quick...i spray tanned my friend yesterday...she is happy with her colour but her soles of her feet are orange where she accidently stood off the paper i put down and on the uncovered part of my tent.
She is going to ibiza tomorrow and i need a quick fix to get this off her feet
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance geeks
Ruthy

Anyone ....hello......dust...no.....dust? No?

have you tried doing a search on spray tanning problems , sorry cant be of more help x

Don't they have a solution that you can use specifically for this problem?
I know that last year at prom time we had two clients that had the spray tan done and it was a total mess. Orange, white feet and orange ankles and shins, missed and blotchy underside of arms..We called the tanning booth that did it and they told us that they sell a solution that gets rid of it but it cost 15 bucks a bottle..

The only other thing I could think of doing is a exfoliating scrub on her feet?

I would think the spray tan company would have a solution to this problem and you should have been taught it when taking a class on it.

Try using an exfoliating glove.

I also never use bed roll for clients to stand on for spray tanning because of this reason and because it can blow up. I use old towels and I have never had a problem with orange soles.

Exfoliater and oil, oil always gets it off me if I need to strip a tan for a new one.
Pour some bath oil onto an exfoliating mit and scrub, she'll have lovely soft feet aswell.

Aww thanks for the reply guys, i did find a post saying to use a little washing up liquid mixed with washing powder....so she is going to give it a try. She is totally fine about it with me.. bless her but you do worry because you will always come across one client that maybe a little peeved they look a bit orange on the soles.
I am deffo going to use a towel... thanks for that advice
Cheers again
Ruthy

i know when i did my training the lady there recommended tan wipes, they were a bit like a baby wipe but with a coarse texture across them, they were great to remove tan just after application if needed but don't know how affective they would be later down the line xx

Are they as bad as mine were?
Tanned my feet!.jpg

Lol, that pic still makes me laugh. I tried everything but it wore off after a week.

good luck.
x

Lol loving the feet in that picture and funilly enough thats what her feet looked like! I havent heard from her today but ill keep trying and let you know if the washing up liquid and poweder work
Ruth

a potscrubber will work, not a steel one :), one of those green pad things, a walk on the sand, doing the twist on a cement path, a rub over with a pedi paddle/or file, place feet in a tray of bleach the same depth that the fake tan was IE: shallow

i'd have tried bleach too.

In fact when my hubby comes home from work sometimes and his feet MING...i run him a nice BLEACH footbath:green::green::green: arent i kind lmao

i'd have tried bleach too.

In fact when my hubby comes home from work sometimes and his feet MING...i run him a nice BLEACH footbath:green::green::green: arent i kind lmao

I bet his got the whitest toenails.

HI Ruth

I wish there was a magic cure to removing tan from the body, soles of feet etc the day after it has been applied! We have the body polish which works great if used within minutes but the longer it is on there, the longer it will take to remove.

There have been many suggestions over the time we have heard but how well they work is negligable:
toothwhitening toothpaste
jolene cream bleach - for body hair
lemon juice and sugar
exfoliating scrubs
washing liquid and powder........

I'm afraid prevention is better than cure here hun............not that it is much good for you or her now though!

towels can be used but if you change them for each client - otherwise the solution builds up and they will again be standing on solution underfoot - lots of washing though!

couch roll under each foot and ............a well behaved client!

sticky feet - disposable soles which stick to the underside of the feet work well and are worth their weight in gold to many spray tanners.

always make sure clients nails are protected too - as that is one thing that does not go back to normal colour after a week! Use top coat, oil or vaseline if they do not already have polished nails!

I am sure she will not be the only one on hols with darker soles - but at least you know it is not the look that they should leave with, whereas many people do not care about their clients feet, we have heard so many times how people don't ever do anything to protect them!

Regards

Mandy x

Tell her to have a good walk on the beach on her first day - that will be the best way to get rid of the tan on her feet. Great natural exfoliant too so her feet will be as smooth as a babies bottom! :lol:

a potscrubber will work, not a steel one :), one of those green pad things, a walk on the sand, doing the twist on a cement path, a rub over with a pedi paddle/or file, place feet in a tray of bleach the same depth that the fake tan was IE: shallow

Actually, this is what I do, but thought peeps would think I was a bit odd, so if I am, so are you. Nice to know there are at least two of us around eh?

Hiya all
I spoke to her the washing up liquid and washing powder didnt work but what did work was vinegar and a brillo pad.
Anyways she is off on hols tonight and is a happy camper
Ruthy

Hi Ruth

Glad to hear your client has had a good result, although the word "ouch" comes to mind at the thought of a brillo pad being used on the feet lol! :lol:

Take care

Mandy

Latest posts

Back