Removing Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues removing Vinylux?

I love that it stays on the nails, but when it comes to removing it........god its a pig!!!

Any tricks lol

x

Haha, yes I agree! Nourishing remover is much easier than normal polish remover xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

I am using acetone and its still using up so much time to remove.
x

I am confused, I use Vinylux and it comes off as easy as other nail varnishes, except maybe the textured one I have, Night Glimmer

I have real trouble with all of them, not sure why then :-/

I have seen that some people hold the pad over the vinylux for a moment before wiping off as just rubbing seems to not work for some. This always works for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Normal polish remover didn't work so well but nourishing remover works a treat. I put it on a pad, hold on nail for a couple of seconds, wipe and it's off :)

Not having any issues with it and i bought and tried ALL the colors!! Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

mine removes easy too, you need to have a remover that has acetone in it, hold the pad on the nail for a few seconds and it comes off easy

Removed my Mums from her toes yesterday after wearing it for nearly four weeks. There wasn't any chipping or signs of wear, which was great, but it took ages to remove using Nourishing Remover. I'm guessing it was due to the length if time it had been on and due to her age, her nails are thickened and quite dry.

My removals have been super easy as well.. Just removed Fedora on fingernails (which was left on for at 2 weeks) and it was great to remove..no staining either.

I just use acetone to remove the polish and it works great.

Those that are experiencing issues with removal, has your clients had it on for longer than a week? Have they spent a lot of time in the sun?
Vinylux is a weekly polish and should be removed after 7 days for ease of removal.
The topcoat gets tougher with time the more it is exposed to light, be it daylight or ambient so it makes sense that it takes a little longer to break down the product when it has been on for longer than the advised week.
Cnd also recommend the Shellac nourishing remover for remova, don't forget it reduced removal time of shellac by 2 minutes so stands to reason it will make Vinylux removal easier and quicker too.
Jen

Thank goodness someone else posted about this, I thought I was crazy...lol!
One of my clients came back after 10 days at the beach and I had to soak it off her toes. Talk about getting stronger with sun exposure! Same thing with clients who garden or drive a lot.
It's okay, though...better to stay on too well than come off in a day or two 😍

I really don't understand this. I had Vinylux on my toes for 3 weeks and I wear sandals and I'm out in the sun at home a lot. It did not stain my nails and with a plastic backed pad and nourishing remover, it came off easily. I've had no issues on clients as well. Crazy, lol.

Removed my Mums from her toes yesterday after wearing it for nearly four weeks. There wasn't any chipping or signs of wear, which was great, but it took ages to remove using Nourishing Remover. I'm guessing it was due to the length if time it had been on and due to her age, her nails are thickened and quite dry.

i used pink smoothie on an elderly freind, she had it on over 3 weeks, but she couldn't remove it herself as it wouldnt budge for her (she was using acetone, i checked) so i went round to hers to take it off, yes it was stubborn.

She hasn't asked me to do them again, i think shes gone back to her old tech :(

The elderly dont like any kind of faff do they! :biggrin:

i used pink smoothie on an elderly freind, she had it on over 3 weeks, but she couldn't remove it herself as it wouldnt budge for her (she was using acetone, i checked) so i went round to hers to take it off, yes it was stubborn.

She hasn't asked me to do them again, i think shes gone back to her old tech :(

The elderly dont like any kind of faff do they! :biggrin:

The exact same happened to me...I used Strawberry Smoothie on an elderly client and she left in just over 2 weeks and she couldn't get it off herself so I did it for her with Nourishing Remover but it was very hard to remove - took me about 20 mins. I have to say though, her polish was as perfect as the day I applied it! No chips or dulling at all.

I had the same issues with removal of Limeade that had been on toes for about 3 weeks.

I'm wondering if it depends on the colour and how many layers you do? I had to do three coats of both SS and Limeade to get full coverage so maybe that affects removal time? For example, I removed Hot Chillis and Tutti Frutti from two other clients after about 3 weeks wear and it came of fine....only did two coats of those :eek:

We have not had a moments trouble removing Vinylux or with staining. The people who complain are the ones who don't use the approved remover or method.

Use what CND suggest to remove it and guess what ... it works!!! Use some other remover that is 80% water and 20% acetone or MEK and it is going to take much longer and in so doing will smear the pigment into the surface.

Do it as instructed peeps and see the results.

Holly's video shows a thick 'home application' 44 coats including top coat ... even though it took longer than normal ¨(as it would) it still came off clean and no smearing. I like the way Holly keeps things real as you would find in a salon when removing a clients work. Definitely can be a little more stubborn after 3 weeks and 4 coats ... !! Well naturally.

Last edited:
You've got to use a strong remover, acetone or nourishing remover. Mon acetone won't so the trick!!

I am not moaning as I love Vinylux...but to confirm, I do use the recommended removal product and approved method but it can still take 15-20 mins to remove from toes where it has been on for 2 or 3 weeks. I know it is a weekly polish but people want to leave it longer on toes. It's only some colours too - not all of them.

Still love Vinylux but wanted to clarify my own experience x

Latest posts

Back