Removing Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly TeddysMom.

I am going to get the nourishing remover and try that, but even my pure acetone remover struggles.

Those that are experiencing issues with removal, has your clients had it on for longer than a week? Have they spent a lot of time in the sun?
Vinylux is a weekly polish and should be removed after 7 days for ease of removal.
The topcoat gets tougher with time the more it is exposed to light, be it daylight or ambient so it makes sense that it takes a little longer to break down the product when it has been on for longer than the advised week.
Cnd also recommend the Shellac nourishing remover for remova, don't forget it reduced removal time of shellac by 2 minutes so stands to reason it will make Vinylux removal easier and quicker too.
Jen

So if it's only advised to wear it for a week, what does this mean for Vinylux on toe nails? as nobody wants to change their toes after seven days. I havn't used it on toes myself yet, so have no experience of it being either fine or a challenge to remove from them. But I am now wondering if it is only advised for seven day wear then clients will be shying away from purchasing it for toes.

So if it's only advised to wear it for a week, what does this mean for Vinylux on toe nails? as nobody wants to change their toes after seven days. I havn't used it on toes myself yet, so have no experience of it being either fine or a challenge to remove from them. But I am now wondering if it is only advised for seven day wear then clients will be shying away from purchasing it for toes.

I applied it to Millie my 10 years old daughters fingers a toes as a rush job so no pep for a school disco. Apart from school she's been living in flip flops and had it on chip free for nearly 2 weeks on both her fingers and toes. I used dsolve and it removed really easily, I was expecting it to be harder to remove but it was fine. No staining either xxx

Yep Steph, I have read many success stories on removal and for how long it can stay on, there is no doubt in my mind that it does the job. I'm just questioning the advised removal of V after seven days as this doesn't make sense to me for the toe clients.

For me I have had mixed success with Vinylux removal using the proper products and a normal application (ie not thick). On my nails good removal, just like any other polish I have used and each time I have removed I've had no problem. My toes.. a nightmare after two weeks. I have a clients nails, who is house bound, again a nightmare to remove. I haven't forgotten how to remove polish, nor have I changed my removal process.

Yes it's a 7 day wear polish, but are we not then to use it for pedicures or at least tell our clients to remove after seven days or run the risk of a longer more difficult removal?

My conclusion based on my experience, I have always put down to the fact that my house bound client doesn't use solar oil or any other kind of cuticle oil and has very dry nails. This is the same for my toes too. I have just assumed that it isn't user error, but mores the point differing nail plate conditions.

I think we have to be realistic and stop using the rhetoric.

For some on toes it may take longer to remove after. 3-4 weeks. It's not a ''nightmare'' to remove, it just takes a bit longer to remove. In our salon it really hasn't taken noticeably longer to remove and it certainly has not been a nightmare.

Of course you can use VINYLUX on toes .. We do it all the time. No one changes the colour after a week .. They returen after 3-4 weeks and longer. We will soon be getting the VMove tubes to sell to those clients and get them to do the removal before they come in! Then all w need to do is to do any clean up if necessary. If they want to wear the polish that long then we will just tell them it may take longer to remove, but its not THAT much longer to make a big fuss about.

I don't think anyone is making a fuss, I think some people, including myself have had issues with certain clients and trying to find out why. :green: Bottom line I haven't and won't stop using Vinylux because of the mixed removal issues, I'm just aware now that on some it will take longer than normal.

I don't think anyone is making a fuss, I think some people, including myself have had issues with certain clients and trying to find out why. :green:

My comment was general and not personal.

Some complain if it doesn't last 2 days others complain it is hard to remove after weeks of wear! Lol.

Why is it that in the busiest nail salon on th CB we have not had any trouble removing even after weeks with CND nourishing remover? And we live in the sun with feet exposed constantly. Why are some having difficulties when twice as many post that they are not having difficulties?

It seems to be the incorrect remover they are using or they are not using enough on the pad ... Holding it in place, and letting the solution go to work ... Before removal?

I agree, no fuss but needing clarification of the official advice given of removing after seven days and how this won't be well received by the clients who will want to wear it for longer on toes, like you would reasonably expect.

My house bound lady has very dry nails, was my assumption that this could effect the removal process wrong? When I have used colour and effects on her it has been just your normal average removal time, but Vinylux was difficult. She didn't complain bless her, her nails were still perfect after three weeks and she does love a good ole chinwag with me which is lovely, but for me I'd like to know why it took considerably longer with Vinylux when I used nourishing remover and held then removed. It's certainly not a slight on V, but I'd like to get to the bottom of it.

I use pure acetone with the textured cotton and it comes off as easy as any other polish. Non acetone won't touch the stuff though. Once I switched to pure acetone I don't have any complaint about removal. I only use it for pedicures. My only complaint (from my clients even) is that the top coat doesn't stay very shiny compared to the famous name top coat I use with my other polish

I don't think it has been 'advised' to only wear it a week has it? If it has I guess I haven't seen that. Certainly many of our clients go longer than that especially with toes. I'm sure though that to break through the hardened top coat after a long period of time will take a little longer than if the polish was only a week old.

If anyone is experiencing really difficult removal would it not be a good idea to just lay a few gauze pads with the CND remover on the top of the toes for a little longer to give it time to soften the polish before removing? It's what I would do if I were finding it difficult.

Yes Geeg, Jeni has posted on the previous page that it is advised seven days, which prompted my question.

As I said I have not used it on toes, but I agree with HF in that it must be down to the condition or dryness of the toes, especially as her client has had the two different brands with two different outcomes. I'm guessing (which I don't like doing!) that it is the chemical make up of V that grabs the nail in a completely different way to regular polish in order to eliminate the need for base case. As this seems the only variable so far.

I use the wraps on the toes with nourishing remover because I have poorly paws myself and it hurts the arthritis in my joints if I do it the Holly way.
The wraps make it a breeze.
(Don't shoot me, Geeg!)

Yes Geeg, Jeni has posted on the previous page that it is advised seven days, which prompted my question.

As I said I have not used it on toes, but I agree with HF in that it must be down to the condition or dryness of the toes, especially as her client has had the two different brands with two different outcomes. I'm guessing (which I don't like doing!) that it is the chemical make up of V that grabs the nail in a completely different way to regular polish in order to eliminate the need for base case. As this seems the only variable so far.

I agree with you.

I use the wraps on the toes with nourishing remover because I have poorly paws myself and it hurts the arthritis in my joints if I do it the Holly way.
The wraps make it a breeze.
(Don't shoot me, Geeg!)

I don't see any problems with doing that. Probably better in this heat right now as the remover evaporates so quickly ... whatever it takes is my motto. :D

Latest posts

Back