Removing Wax from the floor!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy-Jayne

Reaction score
Another thing playing on my mind......

My two therapist have a tendency to get wax on the floor. At the moment they are using wax remover oil that is used for removing from hair and skin. Does the job, but at I've lost count now of the amount of times I've slipped up on it at the end of the day!

I know the obvious thing is to not get wax on the floor full stop, but we don't live in a perfect world!

What does everyone else use to do the job in question?

Thanks so much

L-J

I either use Seratine (sp) or baby oil, then hot soapy water.
I also put a large plastic sheet on the floor, i'm still practising at the moment and have been really lucky as i have only had 3 blobs, lol

surgical spirit cleans it off my vinyl floor. i scrape it up first then pour a bit of s.s on and then wipe up with couch roll.

I use a wax oil and then immediately wash the floor with hot soapy water. You should make this a salon policy as you don't want to end up with that ugly git on the "where there's blame there's a claim" advert knocking on your door!!!

I use a wax oil and then immediately wash the floor with hot soapy water. You should make this a salon policy as you don't want to end up with that ugly git on the "where there's blame there's a claim" advert knocking on your door!!!

Salon policy, I've told them they'll be sacked if I slip on it one more time and STILL they don't listen! I keep having to wash the floor afterwards. For some people it's too much like hard work! xxx

Salon policy, I've told them they'll be sacked if I slip on it one more time and STILL they don't listen! I keep having to wash the floor afterwards. For some people it's too much like hard work! xxx

Could you get tough with them & issue warnings so they know you aren't joking? It's one thing you slipping over, but what if that's a client, especially an elderly one?

Could you get tough with them & issue warnings so they know you aren't joking? It's one thing you slipping over, but what if that's a client, especially an elderly one?

I agree. Show them you are serious and not issuing hollow threats ... start with a verbal warning and see if that does the desired trick. There are plenty of unemployed therapists queueing at the door for a job.

Make it a part of their duties that the floors are cleaned each day by them and then they'll soon be moaning about each other. xxx

Some great advice already given especially as making it part of there duties.

good luck

I use straight acetone to clean up wax off the floors. Although, not getting it on the floor is a much easier option.

Reading your other posts, it doesn't sound like you're very enamoured (sp?) with them, & given the choice wouldn't have employed them.

I would definately start getting tough and stop washing the floors myself. As long as you keep doing it, they won't.

By the sounds of it they are just 'testing' you to see how far they can push you. It's your business & no doubt you've invested a lot of time, effort & money in it so you don't need therapists working against you all the time. Running a business is hard enough anyway.

If they don't like the new firmer boss, there are plenty of therapists out there who would jump at the chance of a job.

I agree with all the advice given.

If you've said to them that they will be sacked if they don't start doing it, why are they still there????

Make sure all your policies and proceedures are written down and explained to them about exactly what is expected of them. If they fail to measure up, they are slowly, but surely, damaging YOUR business, and YOUR income. Get tough!! Take it personally, and look for staff that will honour and follow your vision.

Good luck! :)

I will admit that one thing that's very hard is enforcing policies that you believe in when a previous owner didn't. Most of these policies come down to common sense - but hey not everyone has it! Including me sometimes!

I use sticky stuff remover (get it from john lewis or lakeland plastics) its great at removing wax from everything but always wash the floor every night anyway afterwards. Surley this should be part of their duties at the end of the night.

I use sticky stuff remover (get it from john lewis or lakeland plastics) its great at removing wax from everything but always wash the floor every night anyway afterwards. Surley this should be part of their duties at the end of the night.

I can't believe I didn't think of that! I used something similar to get masking tape of the windows when I attempted some decorating. Excellent stuff. Thanks Djane

it is genius stuff no more scrubbing away with surgical spirit, and fab for all those really annoying sticky lables, especially the ones you get on the bottom of your shoes. Just check a small patch hidden away somewhere on you floor first, but I have laminate and its fime.

Latest posts

Back