Remy cachet mini tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake nattrass hair

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have fitted many sets of the remy cachet mini tips and generally touch wood don’t have any issues. I use either the 2.8 or 3mm mini tube rings (non silicone) I say 99% of my clients lose little to no hair extensions in there 4-6 week maintenance period. However I have fitted one lady’s extensions (mid lenght blonde fine hair) - she has 125 bonds fitted. The first fitting she lost quite a few so I took them all out and re fitted making sure there were plenty of hair in each strand/section and again she said they were coming out very quickly in which I was puzzled as she has an aftercare sheet that was printed for her and I sat and explained it in detail like I do after all my fittings and she swore she was sticking to it religiously.
So I took them out once more and applied them and when she came back she said they were fab she never lost one! I was like great maybe she’s finally got into an aftercare routine that works for her except when she came in to get them moved up next time the same problem occurred!
I have tried re fitting with prestige 4mm silicone lined rings thinking maybe the silicone would provide extra hold
My last attempt was 5mm silicone micro rings (mainly due to the bonds being squashed from being refitted back into the hair so many times)
But I am having the same issues with them coming out so quick! I am stumped! This client has been a loyal client of mine for years before even getting her extensions and she has been absolutely brilliant about it all she’s just disappointed that she’s spent so much money on the hair and it doesn’t want to stay in!
I’ve explained every aspect of aftercare in terms of products, shampoos, brushing etc...
sorry for the long post but any help guys? Or is this just a case of her hair doesn’t want to hold them?
P.s I have done a silicone test on her hair and it’s not over lined with silicone so I’m clueless..

Hi Jake, I've had a couple of clients like this over the years and the only way we get no loss at all is double linking the silicone rings. Once I've done that absolutely no sliding at all. The smallest size you can manage. Id usually stay at a 4.5 as you say there's squashing.
If this pushes up the silicone. Id melt and reroll those ones as i go x

I will give this a go thankyou! X

Latest posts

Back