Rent a chair cost

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaCampbell

Reaction score
Hi I currently have a stylist on a 60/40 split with the 60% going to me we are thinking of going to rent a chair. My question is how much would you charge per day she only works 2 days at The moment . Thank you

Average £60 a day, give or take. ( Not central London)
That's for use of salon, basins, water, electricity and somewhere to store her equipment and stock.

No products are supplied.

Client drinks may well be.( I provide my own but im picky)

My current salon has a policy that we pay for the days we work at the beginning of that week, and any days we would work (we have agreed which days at the start of the contract) but don't , we pay 30%.
Ie would work Fri&sat at £60 each.
I'm having Saturday off.
Will pay on the Monday £78 in total (60 +18).

My previous salon we agreed number of days across the year (2 days a week X 52 weeks), multiplied by £60. Divide by 12 = amount paid each Month in advance.

I personally prefer the first method as I, as the stylist, benefit more from it but I have to decide on the Monday which days I shall work and which days, and there are some, that it's not worth my going in.

As an owner you need to be clear what is included and what the renter needs to provide.
They need the space for it, and for your other stylists not to use without permission (amazing how many employees feel it's ok to use my stock!).
If they rent ideally they should be able to come and go at any point (within your stated hours; you may possibly only allow keys to certain team members) and charge whatever they like.
What happens about walk in clients? What happens about clients who are 'salon ' clients but who want to see her?

There are other threads on here for sure that examine this in more depth, but 1 thing I will say for you as the owner- she may be the best spending client you'll ever have!

At £60 a day, twice a week that's a spend of £6240.
How many other clients pass that to you each year in exchange for water, electric and a cup of coffee??

Good luck, and write a contract that sets out these things between you.

Latest posts

Back