Rent a nail desk. Fair Price or expensive???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyyork

Reaction score
I have been offered an opportunity to rent a nail desk in a new solon due to open in my town. If I accept i would be the only nail technician in the building, the beauty therapist would offer manicures and pedicures so I would literally be doing just enhancements, gel toes and minx/ nail art etc. The lady is asking for £100 a week all in, I feel this is a bit expensive. What do you geeks think, is this a fair price or not? Thanks in advance xxxx

Hi. U have to think about how many clients u would have to do a day. to earn th rent. Also who would be providing the equipment. as if u u would have to make a lot to earn the rent and equipment first

yes, i will be providing all of my own equipment and products. x

That would add to the cost to. so u d have to see if u could cover the costs each week. x Good luck

a touch high. I charge about 80 in a well established salon in a posh London suburb.

I think thats alot.

I pay £10 a day and work 5 days a week in a hairdressers and i only pay for the days i actually work so say if i never had any clients one day i wouldn't owe rent that day.

Mine is the same has yours only answer the phone when im not busy, i dont offer mani/pedi coz the beauty gal does that and we book for each other. I only have a small desk in the reception thou and the beauty gal has her own room and she said she pays alot more rent than me.

I charge £150 a week rent on a nail bar in beauty salon. This includes reception cover to book appointments, tea/coffee, towels washed, advertising, rubbish collection, heating, lighting etc. I see the tech only has to do one set a day to cover her rent, then the rest is hers. Her product use is minimum and I supply tester polishes only, she supplies the rest.

I can see that you would prob be able to rent a whole shop for this but the overhead etc are massive. So without all that and the hassle, I know she's got a good deal. She makes a fortune. If she went mobile, I don't reckon she's make half of what she does.

It's a busy salon and she's the only one that does enchancements, although therapists can do manicures as well.

In the right place, £100 sounds cheap.

after much thought and another meeting with this lady who owns the new salon i have decided to go for it. If i dont do it now i never will, and there will be so much more potential working there that working in my front room at home, i need to get myself out there. I also want to try and arrange a "grand opening night" with the lady so if any of you geeks have done this before or have any ideas of what might go down really well then i'd really value your opinions. I would really like to get people interested in minx, as far as im aware there is no one elses in my town that does it. I thought about maybe minxing a nail for people to wow them with how it looks, just now sure on how i would word that. thanks guys xxxx

Latest posts

Back