Rent a room or stay in management?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I need some advice as I'm stuck in a rut and starting to get fustrated with my current job!

I've just recently graduated with a first class honours in beauty management and I have been a therapist for 8years now. I currently run a day spa and have a big clientele of my own which has followed me. I'm very devoted in making my current day spa successful but I feel undervalued, my hard work Is not recognised and my pay is rubbish considering my experience and the amount of work I do!

For years I've always dreamed of having my own salon but I Have a house to run and bills to pay and I can't afford for it to go tits up! Therefore I'm thinking renting a room would be more suited to me. Do I take the risk and rent a room or look for another job? Looking for personal experiences really wether it's worth the risk or not! I live in Birmingham so looking for beauty rooms to rent in oldbury, harborne, bearwood, Rowley or Halesowen. It seems that no matter where I work I end up hating it because it's not run to the standard I want it to be and in my current salon I'm fighting a loosing battle and starting to lose my creativity and inspiration. Although I must admit since I have been managing the beauty department staff turnover and profit has improved massively! So I do have some faith in myself!

Sorry for the long post I have big decisions to make! Tia

Rent the room! I recently made the decision and although it was scary I haven't looked back and from what you have said above it would make total sense for you to try it. Have you any equipment built up that would help you get set up?

Thank you for the words of wisdom. I have the majority of things such as bed/ nail lamp/ wax pot/ lash kit. The main things I would need would have to invest a good bit of money in is a branded gel polishing some normal polishes but I suppose this can be built over time? Where did you start? and did you give up a job in a salon to do it? Thanks again. X

Yes of course. It takes a long time to build up stock and brands but you will get there. Start making lists of wants and needs and prioritise. Also thinks he about what treatments you are going to offer and what you need(stock and equipment) to be able offer them.

Yes I have up a job but I felt I had no choice. It will take time and determination but you will get there[emoji16]

Aww thanks so much for your words of wisdom! Do you thinks there's a best month to start up? X

Latest posts

Back