Rent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NABA79

Reaction score
I have been asked today if i would like to rent a table in my local hairdresers, i was busy at the time so didnt have time to chat. Im going to pop in this weekend i was going to sort out a price list to take with me,and ask if for the first three mth i could pay a persentage of my takings then review things. How much do you think would be a fair deal i was thinking 30%.
I willl be using my own table and equipment.

good luck hun - when i first rented i got my room for £50 a week plus an off shot plus the beauty bed plus extras were included - id be careful if i were you too - but it all depends on what area of the country you in

hi Peter Pan, why do you say to be careful?

I have been asked today if i would like to rent a table in my local hairdresers, i was busy at the time so didnt have time to chat. Im going to pop in this weekend i was going to sort out a price list to take with me,and ask if for the first three mth i could pay a persentage of my takings then review things. How much do you think would be a fair deal i was thinking 30%.

Hi, I split 50/50 with the hairdressers (apparently this is how hairdressers work) I work from 2 days a week but she was very generous and offered me 60/40 through Nov while it is quieter to make it woth my while being there. After 6 months she wants £50 a day though which I think is very expensive considering I rent another small shop full time for little more than a days rent there. I think if you can get it for 30% that's a steal just try and talk her down saying if it's not worth your time being there you will have to leave and they will lose money looking for another tech to replace you. HTH :hug:

Hi, I split 50/50 with the hairdressers (apparently this is how hairdressers work) I work from 2 days a week but she was very generous and offered me 60/40 through Nov while it is quieter to make it woth my while being there. After 6 months she wants £50 a day though which I think is very expensive considering I rent another small shop full time for little more than a days rent there. I think if you can get it for 30% that's a steal just try and talk her down saying if it's not worth your time being there you will have to leave and they will lose money looking for another tech to replace you. HTH :hug:

Hi I was just wondering who pays for the stock ?

Hi I was just wondering who pays for the stock ?

I was wondering that too! 50/50 sound rather steep even if the stock is supplied!

Hi,

I'm in the same position as you. I've started renting space in a hairdressers and this is my first week. I give them 30% of anything I take or a min of £50 per week. This percentage includes use of the phone, towels, tea/coffee, all advertising and pricelists. If things really take off, then I will ask to go to a flat rental rate.

I think a 30/70 split is fair, as you have to supply your own products. If they supply your products, it is normally 40/60 split. I don't have my own room thou (my desk is within the hairdressers), so not sure if that makes any difference....although I do prefer 'being seen' as you get more bums on seats:lol:

Good luck.x

Is'nt it a bit unfair to expect the salon owner to go with a % whilst you build up and then when they have helped you build a good client base expect them to drop to a flat rent, surely the owner would work harder to keep you busy with a % rather than a flat rate. Just a thought. Good luck with the new venture - try to remember that there needs to be a benefit to the owner otherwise whats in it for them....?:hug:

Latest posts

Back