Rental payment during COVID-19

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

China Rose

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just interested in hearing what agreement you have with your landlord during "lockdown" regarding your rent payment on your premises/room.

Hello! I rent a lovely purpose built cabin within a family run, extremely busy garden centre & I must admit I was worried about this but my landlord approached me when I went over on 24th March (after lockdown) to secure the salon & collect valuables and told me not to stress about paying and that we would come to some agreement if needed. I was so grateful to him for taking the pressure off my shoulders. I have told him & the lady that sends my rental invoice that I will pay as soon as I receive the government grant (hopefully next week) and have asked that they keep me posted on the future of the garden centre because if they are likely to close down due to this, I will obviously need to stop paying my rent (if I won’t be returning!) I obviously hope it doesn’t come to that because god knows what I’d do in that case!! How about you? Do you have an approachable landlord?? X

Hello ive emailed our landlord but heard nothing ‍♀️

What are your updates, ladies? I work in a room in a building that is shared and the other ladies there and I all asked the agent to ask the landlord if we could have the rooms rent free during lockdown as he expected us to still pay full rent. I said that I would be happy to pay (for the months untrading) on the condition we were back at work within 12 weeks. I also added that I would be willing to pay half the rent for now as the room wasn't being used, we don't know how long we'd be off, there might be a second wave, business will be slow etc. Expected the agent to just give reply of no, pay full rent (as he's an individual agent) but came back to us and said no need to pay for April, May and June!! I felt guilty and wanted to ask him if he wanted us to pay at least something but I wouldn't know if he took it all instead of giving to the landlord anyway because we pay him (agent). The rent will probably go up after this! Anyway, just goes to show you never know unless you ask. And bearing in mind the agent had told us our rent was the landlord's income, it's turned out a pretty interesting result....

Latest posts

Back