Rental therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lionheart

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently opened my first ever salon and love it so much. I have a therapist who has started in one of my treatment rooms a few days ago who is on a %age of earnings and works 2 days a week. Can anyone tell me what I can and cant say to this therapist? I know this is a strange question but she rents for 2 days and i am looking for another renter for the other days but this 1st girl has brought loads and loads of stuff and has filled the treatment room up and my trolley with things but she doesnt put it away when she is finished. I have mentioned this a few time but nothing has been done.
I have also today noticed she has a barbicide jar with her nail utensils in but the liquid is mirky and had mould in it!! Now to me this is not clean and I am always super clean. I am finding this very uncomfortable. Her products and her trolley are filthy.
So now with her doing a %age rental it is ok for me to actually point out these things in a Rental Agreement about leaving the room clean and also her products and utensils???? I know she is running her own business from my business but I also dont want things to come back on me or my new salon!!!

I feel I have made a big mistake !! Please Help

I would deffinatly say something !
At end of the day its your salons reputation!

Yes shes paying some rent and its her business but its your name above the door and if they want to be apart or your salon there has to be some expectations and standards!

I put it in contract that therapist must keep salon clean etc!

Generally, you can’t interfere with how they run their own independent business within your salon...BUT...we’re in the middle of a Pandemic where good hygiene is vital.

I’d definitely tell her that she has to work more professionally with regards to her poor hygiene practices. Be clear and tell her what she needs to change and that if her hygiene standards are not vastly improved, you’ll have to re-let the room. With regards to storing her stock, make it clear that anything not thoroughly cleaned and put away has to go home with her.

I’d give her a week to improve and if you’re still not happy, tell her to go.

Latest posts

Back