Rented beauty room with no waiting area

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NadiyaTaniya

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up a beauty room in a rented place. The problem is there is no waiting area. The rest of the rooms are office space . When you walk in the door there are toilets and a kitchen . There might be space for a stool but would be facing the loos so not appropriate at all !

I don’t want them to just be able to walk into the room in case I am doing massage but at the same time I don’t want them standing outside the door.

Has any one had this problem ?

Not ideal at all. The only way out of this would be to have enough time in between appointments - which means loss of revenue. Or if you only do nails, then most won't mind waiting in the same room .

You can only work with what you’ve got. I had this problem where I rented once but it was because the owner didn’t want my clients in the building when she had a self conscious person in (she actually whinged so much the owner made my client stand outside while she worked out....with a glass shop front so she could still see in). Was a nightmare as there was nobody to welcome my ladies and offer them a seat while I was working and they would just get moaned at or ignored completely. Nowhere to sit down.

A stool for emergencies is fine. If someone else cleans the toilet just check it every now and then and spray some air freshener so your clients don’t have to smell it.

If the office block has a main reception tell the receptionist to leave your clients in there until you collect them.

You can also stagger them so eg 10mins for cleaning/setting up/seeing them in and out. Sometimes it’s good to look busy but often the only one that has a real problem with someone waiting is us. We get all worried and there’s no point, if someone is early, and they reaaaalllllly aren’t keen on waiting outside a toilet they probably won’t be early again but they won’t care as the important bit happens in the room haha.

My old home was lovely but there was a horrendous alley outside where drunks would wee and it was so dirty. None of my clients cared, they just cared about inside my work room.

I work from home and don’t have a reception area so I just stagger my appointments so that no one is ever having to wait. :)

Ive managed to make a small makeshift waiting area in my room. I only rent the one room and carry out all my treatments from there but what ive done is put a chair just inside the door and then ive hung a curtain which i can pull when i have someone having a treatment that requires some privacy and then the person who is waiting has somewhere to sit and the person still has their privacy.

Thanks for the replies . There is space in my room for a little waiting area, I was just worried about the noise when providing holistic treatments. For example if someone is having a massage and then someone walk in and only having a room divider between them and the new clients.

I am looking into having a partition put in but that requires ££££££ . Might have to just stagger the appointments best I can .

Latest posts

Back