Renting a chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcintyre85

Reaction score
I ran a successful and busy mobile hair business for 9 years, and recently decided I want to work from one place and have everyone come to me, so I’m going to be renting a chair in a local salon. This is due to the physical strains of mobile work with carrying heavy bags about, dealing with driving situations like parking difficulties and traffic, not to mention the rising cost of petrol. Plus booking all my own appointments has become stressful the more busy I get. I’m so scared to tell my clients though as some have had me come to their home for over a decade, and I know they absolutely love the fact that I come to them! I decided to make this change to decrease my work anxiety but it’s also causing me so much worry about breaking the news to them all. I think I’m going to get severely questioned!! Any tips from anyone who’s made this change?

You’ve already made the decision, then that’s now your new short term plan moving forwards. You don’t have to justify your reasons to anyone at all. In fact, it wouldn’t matter if your number one reason was because you fancied the guy in the shop across the road. It’s no-one else’s business.

If you struggle to deal with moaning clients, take a deep breath and remind yourself that your first priority is to be in business to make a living and house and feed yourself (and your family). Not to pander to whiney clients.

Some clients won’t want to change and will doubtless complain but you have to let them go with a cheery wave and look at building up a new client base (with some of your regulars).

Onwards and upwards to more success! :cool:

Latest posts

Back