Renting a room 1/2 days a week

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyspot_amy

Reaction score
Hi, I’m a mobile spray tanner, business is a bit slower than usual since opening back up.
I’ve been sat here having a think but I don’t have any experience In this so I thought I’d post on here.

I was wondering whether to write to local businesses/ salons to enquire about renting a space to tan 1 or 2 days a week but I don’t know how to go about it, the best way to approach local businesses and what would be a good deal or not?
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

If business is slow at the moment, is it wise to commit to renting a room?
Could you offer additional services as well as tanning?

Hi Beautyspot_amy

I suggest you approach Gyms rather than salons and offer commission rather than a fixed rent.

I’m not sure this will work in a salon.. The issue for a salon with spray tanning is that the room will get trashed. You may think that you don’t make a mess, but there is always a bit of spray coming into the room. Also it’s noisy, which is fine for hair, waxing and nails but a disaster for facials and massage. And finally there are always issues with clients booking incompatible treatment combos

In a gym you may be able to set up where it is easier to wash the walls down once a month and it would be a good add on service which I’m sure would be popular. Gyms that prepare body builders for competitions would be very interested and you may also pick up more mobile business by promoting in gyms.

Latest posts

Back