Renting a room but confused about future :-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamperinc.

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
HEEEELP :cry:
I have been renting my beauty room for just under a year, i am really happy with my little room and get
most of my income by offering chiropractic massage (this is a 20 min massage after their treatment with the chiro)
however the chiro only works 2 days per week, and has now decided to rent out her room (under my advise ) i suggested to a hypnotherapist, reflexologist, acupuncture etc

however i have come to work today only to discover she is meeting someone that is going to be doing aromatherapy massage and reflexology !!!

As i pay minimal rent for my room £240 per month i am struggling to decide what to do

there is an option of renting premises on my own elswhere but this has 3 treatment rooms at £550 per month, as i'm still bulding up my client base this would be an incredibly risky thing to do, but i feel like i can no longer stay here when my landlord is clearly only thinking about lining her pockets, not the effect it will have on my business
i'm sooo upset and confused as i put all of my spare money into this business pleeeease help xxxx any advise is appreciated

You should arrange a meeting with her immediately and let her know you can do those services and pay more rent. She already knows you, plus you have been there for a year already so your leaving would do her no good at all. It sounds like leaving would hurt your business as well. Business owners sometimes get too focused on one issue and don't see the obvious.
Hope you make you point to her and she sees benefit to continue working with you and expanding your offerings! have a blessed day! :)

Thankyou, i have tried speaking to her but she just says she can't see how it will affect my business !!
Sh is extremely stubborn and constantly thinks she is in the right so in fairness i have tried to be tactical about how i speak, i think i am going to be firmer with her.

THANKYOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED !! XXX

I wouldn't worry to much as aromatherapy massage is quite different to the 20min massage you are offering after a chiropractic treatment.

Don't let the fact that its massage scare you as the treatment is also about aromatherapy. The client will have a full consultation and will have a personal blend of oils made up for them. Its minimum 1hour treatment, plus consultation for the first treatment.

Its usually more expensive so I really don't think it will affect you to much and you could easily refer clients to each other. You never know you could offer a pedicure and reflexology package together.

Latest posts

Back