Renting a room in someone's house

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Severnrose

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone rents a room in someone else's house to do beauty treatments? It's been mentioned to me that I could use a room in someone's house to do my tanning/LVL lashes but I have no idea what would be a realistic price to pay for this? If anyone has any advice that would be great.
Thanks

i dont think you would get much traffic coming in, atleast renting a chair people popping by or nipping in will spot you
its somewhere you do your treatments but your better renting off a shop or just going mobile xxx

It's no different to a home salon. You get no walk through traffic, but do you need any? Decent marketing, recommendations, websites etc etc and you should be fine. Very few salons you can just walk into and sit down immediately.

I'd be more concerned about 'somebody else's house' rather than building a business. It still should have some sort of agreement to it. The noise levels in the house, answering the door, clients parking, they can chuck you out in an instance if it is not legally binding. This is the bit that probably will cause you the issues, but no different from renting a room in a salon.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back