renting a room out to a bt.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireamy

Reaction score
Calling all beauty therapists! I'm looking into opening a salon (I'm currently a mobile nail tech) and the place I have in mind has a room I co9uld rent out to a beauty therapist but I'm not sure about how much to charge for rent?

How much do any of you pay for renting a room at a hairdressers/nail bar etc? Any advice greatly appreciated! xx

i think your rent rates would depend on your local area and how big the room is.

I have rented out of my area for a very large room and that was £100 per week,but then i rented in my area for a room that was tiny and that was £120. You could also look in to chargeing a day rate between £15 and £25 per day also depending on your area.

When you do final take someone on make sure they have there own insurance, again i rent one place where it was included and one where i had to have my own and i would aks for copies to make sure they are insured.

I rent my rooms out to a chiropractor & podiatrist and charge £5 per hour; one of them rents it half a day a week & the other a whole day a week. They have to provide their own insurances, which I have photocopies of in case anything were to arise. I would also check out their qualifications etc as although they are renting space off you, if they were to bodge anything it's still your name above the door & your reputation!

Also make sure that you don't do anything that could be misconstrued as 'employing' them. I've known of a few cases where people have happily worked as 'self-employed' & later decided that technically they were being 'employed' and pursued for NI contributions etc through the courts. The revenue lot are starting to crack down on this sort of thing now.

also when i rented a room i paid a small deposit for damage to building/room and the obvious walking out and never to return situation.

All the points that where mention about:
deposits
rent ammount
providing own insurance
paying own tax and NI
and other terms like claening of communal areas

i would write all up in a sort of contact like an agreement and get both aprties to agree sign then have copies just in case.

Latest posts

Back