Renting a room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldigga

Reaction score
I'm looking at taking the plunge and renting a room within my salon to do kids/hen parties,the room will be mine 7 days a week so I can use it when I want, obviously I want to only be working 5 days but can any of you tell me if they make enough money from parties to cover their rent and make a profit,I am a hairdresser so I can use the chair 2 days for hair appointments i think my boss would take a % from that aswell but I only have a few clients at the moment and some days I have none obviously I won't be doing hair on a Saturday as I'll have parties(hopefully) I'm just worried I'll not make enough money to sustain being self employed as I have a young family and bills to pay so I need to make sure I'm covering that,but this is a good offer of a decent size room with everything included,I'm so torn of what to do as I really want to make a go of this but the uncertainty of will I make enough money from the parties is niggling at me,I do have a good few different ideas for packages,does anyone find the girls parties are popular? Are you fully booked? Any advice welcome thanks

I only dabbled with kids parties & it was horrific
Trying to steer the children to where they should be, trying to get them to sit still while having their nails done etc is a nightmare & not something that I felt I could do on my own.

Kids got bored waiting & group activities seemed to work, but painting one kiddie at a time meant a lot of waiting. Don't expect any parents to help as they see it as an excuse to ignore their kids (tbf so do I when Im at a party!) so unless you have other staff to help, it isnt ideal to do it alone imho.

Having extra staff means extra costs so might not be viable. It will be intersting to see if anyone does run parties on their own, if they do I take my hat off to them! Xx

Thanks for the reply,well I will only be doing a max of 6 children and my boss has said any more I could have help but don't know is how we would work that out money wise,im thinking of having an activity for the Other girls to do while I'm doing one like have dolls heads they could play with and put hair clips and stuff in them or maybe design some nails or I'm going to have a selection of girls magazines they can use,I think it will be harder the younger they are,I'd also be curious how many people do these on their own original anyone has a salon/shop just for this

Sorry for the delayed reply! Manic week!

I follow a kids only salon on social media & they seem to have regular party bookings, it might be worth following a few to get ideas of activities etc (the ones that have been established a while will have dropped the treatments that dont work/cause too much faff) & they have connections with cake bakers etc to bring in whole packages.

You could stipulate a minimum age etc, but would that be limiting the market you appeal too? Xx

Latest posts

Back