Renting nail space in a salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbie18

Reaction score
Hi all
I've done a search but can't seem to find answer I'm looking for.
I've got the opportunity to work in a new hair salon a couple of days per week, starting on % of takings for first 10 weeks then moving to a rental figure if things go well.
I think it would be really useful for me as it will give me the opportunity to gain more experience/confidence as things have been a bit slow on the mobile side, although I am bit nervous. I'm not sure what sort of % figure I should be offering and what would be a reasonable rent for 2 days, can anyone help? I'll either have a room with nail station or station to the rear of the hair salon, but I will provide all products etc.
I will need to think about childcare in hols etc, if you work on self employed basis in a salon and want to take time off, do you just book it in but still pay your rental for that period?
Are there any other things I need to think about/check?
thanks for help.

Hi
I'm in a Hair Salon,too.
The Owner gave me a ManicureTable and I have to pay 30% from the first day.I bring all my Tammy Taylor Products with me.

Hiya, I too work from a hair salon, I rent a couple of small rooms, one with a treatment bed in for waxing etc, another tiny one for spray tanning and my nail station is out on the shop floor, I am there thur and sat, hoping to get busier as I get more clients, it's a fair deal I think to have a % of your earnings going to the owner to begin with, I have just managed to clear the rent and maybe most of my products my first month, but not making any money, although I didn't expect to, at least this way you can build your client base. It may be worth tryong to get the room and having you nail station out onthe shop floor, as you could offer other treatments, or have the option to as you learn other skills?? good luck!! x

I do two days a week in a hair salon, i pay 23.50 a day. I keep my book and make all my own appointments and use my own products. I get 2 weeks holiday a year any other time off i still pay for my room i think this is really fair.
It works really well you will find you get more clients as you have so many people passing through. I was nervous when i started but i love it best move i ever made.
Good luck x

Hi

Ive recently started renting a room and its given me much more confidence and I know for a fact that I wouldnt have got the same amount of clients if I had stayed mobile.

I think regarding the % split that 60/40 (60 to you) is about the norm if you are supplying your own products, 70/30 if you are really lucky. It is also good that they are willing to do a % split initially while you build up.

If you are paying rent and you take time off I believe you still have to pay your rent as you would if you were there.

There are some great threads on here regarding questions you need to ask before taking on a room/space.

Good luck.

I rent space in a salon too, provide all my own supplies and equipment, and pay 20% on any service I render. But the owner takes nothing on any products I sell.

hiya i did something similar to this.. mine was pay 10% for the first 12 weeks then £20 a day rent, i also get 2weeks rent free a year, any holiday i want on top of that i just book as & when i need it but still pay the chair rent x

Latest posts

Back