Renting nail tables out in a new salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missjaymieleigh

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just a quick one. I've recently taken over a salon and am on my own at the minute. I've decided to put more nail tables as there is plenty of space and plenty of custom. I have advertised this the last month and I'm asking for £25 A day, is this asking too much? I've had girls enquire but they would rather work on a 60/40 percentage then a daily rate. As I have been self employed for last 12 year's I know how crappy it can get so thought what I was offering was the better option. (£25 A day that's it nothing else) I'm offering storage space, brand new desks and seating, table lamps, table protector, towels and obviously all the salon facilities.
Thanks x

It does seem a little high, but if you are able to show them proof that there is ‘plenty of custom’ then maybe they’d be more inclined to sign up to that.
Do you keep a record of how many nail clients you have in daily/weekly and how much you earn from them?
I only used to pay £45 a week to rent a nail desk in the first salon I worked in but later moved to my own room that I pay only £50 a week for (near Middlesboro, North East) so compared to mine it is a lot.
When I first started in the initial salon I also had just left college and had 0 clients and relied only on passing trade and friends seeing my posts on Facebook. That was 3 years ago and I’m now as busy as I need to be through social media marketing alone.

id always go for a fixed rent. I don't think you are miles out on pricing. Try a lower figure to attract them in with the understanding there will be an increase later

I think so many nail techs/therapist's/hairstylist,,,,would rather work from home/log cabin/garage/mobile .....and not have to pay a salon owner rent!
Hope your luck is better than mine.... ;)

Hi guys,
Just a quick one. I've recently taken over a salon and am on my own at the minute. I've decided to put more nail tables as there is plenty of space and plenty of custom. I have advertised this the last month and I'm asking for £25 A day, is this asking too much? I've had girls enquire but they would rather work on a 60/40 percentage then a daily rate. As I have been self employed for last 12 year's I know how crappy it can get so thought what I was offering was the better option. (£25 A day that's it nothing else) I'm offering storage space, brand new desks and seating, table lamps, table protector, towels and obviously all the salon facilities.
Thanks x

I personally would jump at an opportunity like this, 60/40 sounds very generous on their part!

I have to question a protencial chair rental the reasoning behind preferring a percentage over a fixed day rate. If they earn £100 aday, as the landlord/lady you will get £40. as appossed to the £25 day rate.
The only reason behind this thought is for 2 or 3 days they won't be in work as they haven't enough clients to fill those days.
As already said above, a lot of people haven't got the balls to commit and Darnt take the chance to earn a lot more.

Latest posts

Back