Renting out hair station/make up station

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWilkinson

Reaction score
Hi,

just a quick question for salon owners or those who are self employed renting a chair/ space inside of a salon.

I am just wondering if you were to rent a chair/ space out at a weekly price say £120 do you have a contract in place to say how much notice should be given if they no longer wanted to rent the space ? Is the rent paid on a weekly basis or in advance say a month at a time ?

Also what would happen if they had to inexpectadly take time off say they or there child was ill, or if they had a 2 week holiday planned, would they still have to pay for the days/ weeks missed ??

thanks in advance

You should always have a contract and as they pay rent in advance, if they take holiday/sickness, it still needs to be paid. Just like renting a house.

Definitely have a contract in place. I’ve seen contracts that allow holiday but these are rare. I’ve never seen one that allows time off.

There is usually a time period to give notice on both sides.

Also, if you are VAT registered, make sure you know how this affects your rates.

That's great, thank you both for your advice. This was how i thought it worked but just wanted to check with others who were more experienced than myself

Latest posts

Back