Renting space to someone who does the same treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABDiva

Reaction score
So ive just opened my salon and thinking of renting space to someone !

Question is ... is it a good idea to rent to someone who does similar treatments as you?

Ive recently started haor extentions and would like to throw my time in to that but i still hve people wanting nails / lashes stc

Im just wandering if it would be a good business move or not?

But at the moment im literally doing all treatments myself n covering all rent myself

If the rented space is rented to someone who is bringing their own clientele and it's completely separate from your business, it can work. Just be upfront and tell them that anyone coming into the shop if your clientele if that's the case etc.

Hi if it would make your life easier and give you time to concentrate on your hair extensions side & money towards your rent then go for it. From personal experience I have rented a room to someone, I had issues getting the weekly rent. It was a nightmare and I had to ask for it which was embarrassing for me & she always made up an excuse. Make sure you have it all in writing, what’s included and when you expect your money!! :)

I think you’re giving yourself unnecessary hassle if you rent space to someone offering similar treatments as you will obviously be competing for the same clients. If a client walks in the door and you’re doing a treatment, the other person isn’t going to say ‘sorry come back later to see the owner’. What about when they run offers on your most profitable treatments? Will you feel the need to price match and reduce your profit margin?

If there’s enough business for 2 people then employ, otherwise find someone to rent who offers something different (but complementary to your services).

I think you’re giving yourself unnecessary hassle if you rent space to someone offering similar treatments as you will obviously be competing for the same clients. If a client walks in the door and you’re doing a treatment, the other person isn’t going to say ‘sorry come back later to see the owner’. What about when they run offers on your most profitable treatments? Will you feel the need to price match and reduce your profit margin?

If there’s enough business for 2 people then employ, otherwise find someone to rent who offers something different (but complementary to your services).

Thanks , I wouldn't know where to start when it comes to employing? any advice ?

Latest posts

Back