Renting space

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debdobson6

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am looking for some advice?
I have been renting a Beauty room within a hair dressers for nearly 6 years! She has just informed me of a rent increase does this happen? I thought it was just a flat rate I think it’s a huge jump nearly £100 a month more, it’s a tiny little room and no nail bar in salon. Is this a usal thing?

It can be. Depends on your contract with the salon but generally speaking they can charge what they want and up the rent with sufficient notice.

If you haven’t had a rent increase in 6 years, depending on the amount you’ve been paying I’d say you were very lucky.
Have you checked around for comparable rents?

A big increase might be away of getting rid of you, tbh no increase in 6 years is good. She might have just signed a new contract with the landlord and they have increase her rent so she's passed it on.
It's £5 a day, is it worth moving for that, a £1 increase on your services would easily cover it

Are you kidding.....
You've not had an increase in 6 YEARS....:oops:
And just £5.00 a day...o_O
I'd smile graciously, pay up....you think yourself a very lucky lady:cool:

I know what you mean but it’s a lot a month for a tiny little room most people in my area are £150 less so I don’t think I can justify it, if space was bigger the facility were better I would consider it but I think I am getting ripped off now

I know what you mean but it’s a lot a month for a tiny little room most people in my area are £150 less so I don’t think I can justify it, if space was bigger the facility were better I would consider it but I think I am getting ripped off now
What's your total rent per month before and after the increase?

£140 a month increase

You will have to weigh up what you will lose and gain if you move.

Yes you might save £100 per month, but you could also lose £250 pm in lost clients due to the move.

Pros and cons I'm afraid

Dont forget the cost of reprinting price lists, menus, updating websites & social media with any new address... it all takes time & money xx

I have a salon and my rent increases every year. Have you raised your prices in the last 6 years? Have your supplies become more expensive? Electricity and gas, water will all have gone up too. So what you need to ask yourself is do you still want the space for the rent she is asking? £1 price increase on all of your treatments should cover the cost x

Blimey, rent increases every year, heating increases.. everything increases.. you have two options, up your prices and stay or move. But everyone is in the same boat, everything increases except ppls wages. I’ve just had to have a price increase to cover the cost of supplies.. I won’t get an increase from it xx

Latest posts

Back