Renting spaces

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gretchin1

Reaction score
Hi I have bought a salon and kept on a beautician. I am wanting to rent the rooms out but the beautician I employ uses all the rooms. She said she needs it for her machines etc. How do you go about storing everything. Should she just have one room. And her equipment goes in one room
Or are the machines stored some where else and set them up for each treatment.
I have two renters wanting one small room and another renter wanting the large room.
I thought if I moved everything out the rooms the employee could use both rooms when not in use. What do you all do.
Thanks

I’ve done both but I prefer to have employees because it’s my name and reputation over the door. I’m assuming you’re a hair stylist? It makes sense to split business into hair and beauty and keep them separate.

I personally don’t think it works if you have self employed beauty staff offering the same services on the same days. I think it works better if your self employed staff offer different services or have different days

Regarding rooms it depends how they are organised. It’s not efficient to have rooms standing idle so you need to have multipurpose rooms. Imagine having 3 staff queuing to use the same room whilst you turned away enquiries!

You shouldn’t have machines standing idle either. You should be marketing machine services to create a conveyor belt of clients.

A beauty salon usually organises services into rooms but therapists stay in one room and clients move between rooms and therapists. When I reopened after covid it was just me for a bit and I was shattered cleaning up after one client, three services all in different rooms - it just wasn’t practical.

You make more money by employing staff but you get 10x the hassle. It’s perfectly possible to fill all your rooms and give therapists variety by allocating different days to different rooms etc but that requires an experienced manager.

Crunch the numbers, which makes you more - booking your rooms for 80% of the time or booking your therapist for 80% of her time?

Thanks for your reply.
I took everything on board, and finally worked out a plan. Appreciate you getting back to me

Latest posts

Back