Repair help needed for an over-filed nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
Oh God, I feel sooooo stupid.

I was a little, shall we say, overzealous in my removal of the gel on my nails, and consequently I know have a slightly sore, slightly soft feeling pink patch in the middle of my right index finger (is there another name for 'index'? I have a niggling feeling there ought to be).
Before anyone tells me off, I feel bad enough already. My fault I suppose for doing enhancements on myself with no training (although my last set worked fine... I got a little over enthusiastic with this set and a new file :sad: :o ), and I am going into town to sort out my training tomorrow, cross my heart and hope to die.
I think I am destined to use soak-off gel anyway, as I'm not sure how to buff off a whole layer of gel evenly, as tonight's experience proves.....
Anyway, is there anything I can do with my nail to help it repair itself, or do I have to sit it out?
Nails already trimmed short, so hopefully that will reduce the likelihood of knocking it and I am leaving my other nails still tatty with spits and spots of un-filed-off gel to avoid doing it again.
Yours in miserable stupidity,
Lol x

HI

:eek: Oh dear never mind. The good news is it will heal just leave it alone. Maybe put a layer of clear polish on just for a bit of protection you can get matt ones so it wont draw attention to the gel that is left on the rest of your nails. The idea with removal of gel is to buff down and leave a thin layer on the nails.
Don't attempt the rest as you have learned a file in the wrong hands can be a pain! :lol: Never mind we live and learn.

Its nice that your eager to learn i hope your training goes well.

Just goes to show, a little information can cause a lot of damage!
Damn that Rio kit and my false sense of security! :|
At least now I know the correct procedure for removing gel, d'oh!

Good thing is my nail is looking and feeling less sore already, I'll go to bed with my good ole cotton gloves on and let me hands rest for now.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back