Repair question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hhh

Reaction score
So I did my sister in laws nails last week and one has chipped (shes currently re decorating her living room) how do I repair this?
I also I used berry buttoned up and its two different colours on each thumb!!!

Attachments

• IMG-20151014-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20151014-WA0001.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG-20151014-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20151014-WA0002.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 100
You would need to take off and re-apply. Very odd that they're different colours though, were they when you applied or has she done something with it?

Im. guessing maybe your coats were thicker or thinner on each thumb giving a different depth of colour?

If she's washing brushes out in spirit etc it will eat away at the seal at the free edge and chips will then occur x

Im. guessing maybe your coats were thicker or thinner on each thumb giving a different depth of colour?
Yes, having looked at the pictures again, the thumb that's chipped definitely looks like a thinner more transparent coat.

Could I apply an extra layer to each nail?
Also with all gel polish repairs is it a case of removal and reapply? Thank you all for your help

Yes just remove and re-do, shaking the bottle (if shellac, not sure what other brands recommend) and careful to load the brush enough without it being thick. If it still looks transparent after 2, by all means do another thin one.

Its gelish, they say to role or stir. I have just orderd a new stirring tool :D

Latest posts

Back