Repairs to cracks in L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi there, me again

Have my model coming back to replace a tip, no problem with that, however she says she has a crack on her middle finger (not sure where). Is it OK to buff down slightly crack permitting, apply speedbond to hold initially and then apply product?

Deb379

Deb379 said:
Hi there, me again

Have my model coming back to replace a tip, no problem with that, however she says she has a crack on her middle finger (not sure where). Is it OK to buff down slightly crack permitting, apply speedbond to hold initially and then apply product?

Deb379
What is "speedbond"?? I think it depends where the crack is on tip. It may be that the only way to deal with it is to soak it off and start again.

Hi Carole

Speedbond is adhesive.
Not sure where crack is yet, but obviously if it is bad then will have to soak off no doubt.

Deb379

Deb379 said:
Hi Carole

Speedbond is adhesive.
Not sure where crack is yet, but obviously if it is bad then will have to soak off no doubt.

Deb379
Yeah, its always a judgement call when you see the nail. It maybe the crack is in the l&p in which case you can file it down then lay new product.

The best way to repair a crack is to debulk the area and carve a V into the crack. file till all the area around the crack that may have lifted is removed. Fully prep and then re-apply product into this area first before applying your main bead.

Speedbond in the crack...... woudnt try it more likley to end up with a bacterial infection. The cracked area may have oils moisture contaminants or other things lurking. If you then apply product ontop it would be the perfect breading ground for bacteria.

Hope this helps the problem

Tigger

OK thanks all, she'll be here in 10 mins so will see it then. Will let you know the outcome!

Deb379

It turned out the crack on the middle finger eventually caused the tip to break off as she banged it. She did have a small crack on one of the other fingers so buffed down and applied more acrylic.

Hopefully it will work, she decided to clean and banged the 2 where the tips came off.

Told her to be more careful!

Deb379

Latest posts

Back