Repetitive strain injury

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feline

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Anyone else had to deal with this whilst being a nail tech? I have to add that I had it before becoming a nail tech.. it is not some thing caused by working in the nail industry.

I have felt a huge improvement in it after stopping my acrylic nail service and also buff off gel removal (I had to, my hand and wrist were killing me and the end nail result was pants) however I would like to continue to provide these services if I can, has anyone been able to master this?

I have thought about E file training however I am mindful of the end result with acrylic.

Any e filers out there... does the final buffing of the side walls etc leave a different result when done with E file over hand file?

Rachel xoxo

Hey! Im sorry I dont e file or know much about it but I do sympathise with your pain!

I have had it in my wrist for about 5 years now, eventually had to stop doing gel nails as it was hurting to hold the file & it was getting very frustrating! Docs have no real cure for it so I just wear a wrist strap when it flares up and put on "traxam" cream daily, hope this helps!

Hey! Im sorry I dont e file or know much about it but I do sympathise with your pain!

I have had it in my wrist for about 5 years now, eventually had to stop doing gel nails as it was hurting to hold the file & it was getting very frustrating! Docs have no real cure for it so I just wear a wrist strap when it flares up and put on "traxam" cream daily, hope this helps!

Hi Sinead,

Thank you so much for your reply, yes this defo helps. It has been the same here on and off though for a bit longer, and the same also with the pain. It gets so unbearable.

I hope that yours will feel better soon also :hug:

I will ask my doctor about Traxam, any thing is worth a try!

Rachel xx

Hi Sinead,

Thank you so much for your reply, yes this defo helps. It has been the same here on and off though for a bit longer, and the same also with the pain. It gets so unbearable.

I hope that yours will feel better soon also :hug:

I will ask my doctor about Traxam, any thing is worth a try!

Rachel xx

My dad recommended it after he used it for his back pain & really helped him, but I find with RSI nothing will really stop the pain until its rested for a few days :/ when your flares up are you able to move your hand /wrist up & down? Mine will go up or down only about 1 centimetre either way.

Thanks, you too! X

My dad recommended it after he used it for his back pain & really helped him, but I find with RSI nothing will really stop the pain until its rested for a few days :/ when your flares up are you able to move your hand /wrist up & down? Mine will go up or down only about 1 centimetre either way.

Thanks, you too! X

Sounds good, your poor dad! I will give it a go and see if it helps, same here have to just stop nails completely until the pain stops.

I can move it yes but when I do the pain is just too much to the point where it cannot move it for pain. Once or twice I have had to grit my teeth and get on with it until that point.. it was not good, neither were the nails :-(

Ah well, onward with this... look forward to trying the Traxam!

Rachel xx

Latest posts

Back