Replacing rubber tube in spray tan machines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dear Salon Geeks

Please can anyone type me through how to replace and fit a new Rubber pick up tube - I think I have the HVLP 5000 or whatever Nouvatan offered in their training pack about 2 years ago.

The rubber is beginning to look a little old near to the metal clip and I want to get a new one put on as soon as possible. How do you get the metal clip off?

Many thanks

If it is the 5008 with little metal clips then it's really easy, you just squeeze the 2 bits of the metal hose clip, sticking out, together with a pliers and then pull the rubber tube off.

As soon as you let the 2 metal bits go the hose clip will get tight on the tube again, so make sure you either ease the metal grip down the tube so it just holds the tube (passed the plastic of the gun) or hold the clip open long enough to pull the tube off the gun.

Dear Salon Geeks

Please can anyone type me through how to replace and fit a new Rubber pick up tube - I think I have the HVLP 5000 or whatever Nouvatan offered in their training pack about 2 years ago.

The rubber is beginning to look a little old near to the metal clip and I want to get a new one put on as soon as possible. How do you get the metal clip off?

Many thanks

Hi hun, phone Steve/Dawn from Nouvatan, I'm sure you'll be able to buy a new one from them. i havent got a metal clip on mine? My rubber tube just pulls off, it has a little metal weight inside the tube to keep it still in the cup, that just comes out too, but i cant see any metal clip x

Hi hun, phone Steve/Dawn from Nouvatan, I'm sure you'll be able to buy a new one from them. i havent got a metal clip on mine? My rubber tube just pulls off, it has a little metal weight inside the tube to keep it still in the cup, that just comes out too, but i cant see any metal clip x
The older 5008 had the same tube but had 2 little metal clips, 1 to hold the hose in place and 1 to hold the metal weight in place.

The look like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hose-Pipe...DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&hash=item3a74b33a7a

Last edited:
Ok thanks - yes its the 5008

BUT i've managed with ease to get tube off - but now I'm really stuck trying to get the metal clip on over the rubber hose but attached to plastic housing part at the top of the gun? Is there a 'special way' to get the tube and metal clip back on ?

You don't have to put it on if you don't want to as the machines are now sold without the clips BUT if you want to put it back on then get your pliers and squeeze the clip open and put the clip over the hose (down further than you need it), then put the hose onto the gun and squeeze the clip open again and move the clip up so it holds the hose onto the gun.

Baggybear - you're like a genius on here!!

Thank you so much - all done

Latest posts

Back