Reporting a company for treatment of staff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjo

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having issues with a salon I previously worked at which I left due to being “self employed” but getting a hourly rate and being dedicated too with regards to hours worked etc

There are 2 very young therapist who still work there and unfortunately don’t know that what they are doing is wrong and I really want to report them as they shouldn’t get away with it.

Has anyone done this before and if so how did you go about doing it

Thank you

Hi,

I am having issues with a salon I previously worked at which I left due to being “self employed” but getting a hourly rate and being dedicated too with regards to hours worked etc

There are 2 very young therapist who still work there and unfortunately don’t know that what they are doing is wrong and I really want to report them as they shouldn’t get away with it.

Has anyone done this before and if so how did you go about doing it

Thank you
Why are you still having issues with them?

Why are you still having issues with them?

We basically had a time sheet we filled out and they then pay at then end of the month but the have only paid me for half of what I worked

We basically had a time sheet we filled out and they then pay at then end of the month but the have only paid me for half of what I worked
You have 3 months to claim from the incident to acas to my knowledge. If you are concerned give them a call anyway and see what can be done

I may do, I just hate the face business continue to get away with it

I may do, I just hate the face business continue to get away with it
There are unfortunately a lot of businesses in the UK who do this, it takes a brave employee or ex employee to whistle blow to stop them! Good luck if you decide to go ahead x

Should be able to report to HMRC.

Deffo go further with it, are there training costs or holiday deducted?

If they owe you pay, you can sue them in an employment tribunal but as you were presumably paying your own tax and NI, it’s less straightforward and you’re going to need a good paper trail of evidence to prove your case.
There is a 3 month time limit on claiming for unpaid wages so contact ACAS or your local Citizens Advice for more help.

Latest posts

Back