Request for advice on training for a career in electrolysis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happygoplucky

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I don't have a background in beauty therapy but, along with many other people since Covid happened, I've been thinking what I'd really like to do with my life work-wise. I've passed the VTCT beauty therapy course at level 2 and am nearing the end of the level 3 course. I'm interested in carrying out the regular treatments such as facials and massage, however, the thing I want to do more than anything is electrolysis. I would love to make people feel better about themselves by removing their unwanted hair, red spots, milia, seborrhoeic keratosis, spider veins, skin tags, etc.

I've searched the Internet to see which course I should do next but it's mind boggling because there's so much information out there. There are level 3 courses for facial electrical training, plus various other courses around the country that mention electrolysis. Some say level 4 and others mention advanced training. I would love to hear people's ideas of which route they think is the best to take when I've passed the general level 3 qualification in a couple of months' time.

* Is it worth doing a level 3 course when I've already completed one at that level or is it better to move on to a level 4 course?
* Should I be looking to train using a particular awarding body?
* Is Sterex training considered the best way forward?
* Do you recommend any training companies?

I'm also trying to work out if it'll be another year or two's study or if I could be qualified in a shorter space of time.

I'm located in S80 (on the North Nottinghamshire/South Yorkshire border) so ideally I'm looking to train somewhere nearby but will travel further afield if necessary.

Any advice you can give me would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Sterex training & their equipment is probably the best way forward currently. Very few full courses contain the epilation unit since it became an optional unit rather than mandatory.

Sterex training & their equipment is probably the best way forward currently. Very few full courses contain the epilation unit since it became an optional unit rather than mandatory.

Thank you for your input, much appreciated.

I've trained with Sterex many times amongst others and always found them excellent. The BIAE also offer training, which is a great way to get to know the members and see what the Institute is all about. Electrolysis and Advanced Electrolysis ACP are the two most rewarding aspects of my career in the beauty industry, you really can change lives.

Thank you Penketh_Beauty. It's good to hear your review about suitable training companies, I will look into them in more depth. I'm glad you find the work rewarding, I love the idea of helping people feel better about themselves - to be able to improve someone's confidence would mean so much to me.

I see many people (mainly women) deciding to switch careers to something beauty-related. It’s a common thing to do now, and it’s understandable because it’s a way to make more money.
I recommend you to look for the necessary courses at https://www.vocationaltraininghq.com/how-to-become/respiratory-thеrapist/. They have a lot of job descriptions that tell about possible salaries in all the US states, necessary education, certification, and how to become information. It’s really one of the best websites for people looking for a new job. I chose my current career thanks to this website, and I have already been a nail technician for more than five years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back