Deleted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

House Beauty

Reaction score

Last edited:
Hi.
Good luck with restarting your business.
As you mentioned, first & foremost, ease yourself slowly in to it again.
Regarding consult forms, I use JotForm. I made one myself which was pretty simple to do, or they do have pre made templates. I think they also have pre made covid forms (symptoms, track & trace etc). I believe everything is completely free too so that is an added bonus. You can create a link to send to clients or you can fill in with them in Salon.
Next, think about how to make your work life easier. It’s a different way of working at the moment, & with a small investment of minor things like disposable towels to minimise the amount of time dealing with washing, & with less equipment or tools to worry about keeping clean will make things run a bit smoother.
Have a little area for clients to put their coat/bag so you don’t have them draping them all over the place, then you can clean that area easily.
I think a lot of us had little checklists at the beginning of what we needed to do in our day. Especially with the amount of time everyone has been off this year, the smallest things that we normally do can easily get forgotten.
I hope that’s helped a bit.
Also, book in your favourite treatments to kick start you off 😊

[*

Last edited:
Thank you!

Just had a look at JotForm, that’s helped a lot.

I actually had already been using compostabke disposables and have a tub attached to the door where my clients put their phones and keys, and a box for larger belongings and a hook on a door so can wipe it... It made a big difference. Used to find things all over the place before that 😄 like come back into the room and awp there’s a phone atop the wax pot. It worked so will carry on with it. Got a disinfectant mat for shoes too which should help.

I think the guidelines have just thrown me off...literally no different for me except the shield really but all that info is a lot to take in when Ive been sat watching tv for a year 😄

The checklist is an idea, I usually use HomeRoutines app so would probably put clients at ease to see it up on the wall.
Sounds like you’re good to go 😃
True, the guidelines can be misleading (no wonder people get confused!) but I think the general consensus is things are relatively normal as long as you’re up on your cleaning (which you obviously are!), wear the ppe & take clients details for track & trace which we have all been doing for years anyway in one form or another, have ventilation & one to one appointments.
I found if i sat & read a bit once or twice a day, I didn’t get overloaded with information so was easier to take it all in.
Hopefully next year is looking a bit more positive so it’s great you’re restarting your business with a new year, new start.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back