resin instead of nail glue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle g

Reaction score
I had my nails done today in another salon as a treat, the salon use creative products and the girl who done my nails stuck the tip on using resin and not nail glue. i was wondering is resin similar to creatives gel bond? and do any of you geeks use resin instead of nail glue? i would like to know your opinions as i might start using resin.

I use Ezflows brush on resin as I cannot get on with any of the CND adhesices, they ALWAYS clog for me, I find a brush on much easier to use, and I dont have any problems using this instead.:)

I use Ezflows brush on resin as I cannot get on with any of the CND adhesices, they ALWAYS clog for me, I find a brush on much easier to use, and I dont have any problems using this instead.:)

Thanks i might try that one as i use ezflow. the one they were using was millennium, and wasn't brush on. might have to get all the catalogues out!

I was trained to use resin rather than glue, when I did my VTCT. We were told it is less damaging.

I use resin, I couldn't open my adhesive once, and a fellow tech told me to use resin, I got on with it well, and am still on the same bottle and it was like forever ago lol ,
(its the millenium one I have too)

i was taught with resin, they said it was stronger but have since used glue and the tips have always stayed on:confused:

(its the millennium one I have too)
I used that resin this afternoon on a nail biter, I would usually sculpt but decided against it, run out of Gelbond adhesive and plumped for the resin instead, it does a similar job although I have to say that I do prefer to use Gelbond when applying tips.

I always use resin instead of adhesive, but to be honest, i always thought that resins and adhesives were virtually the same sort of substance.

Aren't they all in the same family as glues, resins, adhesives?

I believe that all of the CND adhesives are pressure activated, so when you apply pressure on the tip the adhesive activates and begins to set, Gel Bond has a 10 second set time and Speed Bond 5 seconds, when pressure is applied.....no pressure no set.

Resins set in their own time, which can depend on the temperature, faster in hotter weather, slower in cold weather, unless you use a resin activator which will complete the set time. In ambient conditions, I'd say that applying a tip with resin will be around the 5 second mark.

ok forgive me for being really dumb
is resin and nail adhesive not the same ?
:hug:

Thanks for all your replies, looks like i will be giving that one a go.

I believe that all of the CND adhesives are pressure activated, so when you apply pressure on the tip the adhesive activates and begins to set, Gel Bond has a 10 second set time and Speed Bond 5 seconds, when pressure is applied.....no pressure no set.

Resins set in their own time, which can depend on the temperature, faster in hotter weather, slower in cold weather, unless you use a resin activator which will complete the set time. In ambient conditions, I'd say that applying a tip with resin will be around the 5 second mark.

They have different setting times as you say Cathie, thanks for the reminder, i couldn't remember the exact times, but i'm sure they are chemically fromt he same family??

ok forgive me for being really dumb
is resin and nail adhesive not the same ?
:hug:
Nailsinlondon1 wrote an artice or a post about this, which I think answers everything, but I'm not very good at searches and can't find it!

Nailsinlondon1 wrote an artice or a post about this, which I think answers everything, but I'm not very good at searches and can't find it!

thanks will search now xx

resin is glue, glue is resin (the only difference is the viscosity), or, "the thickness". The term "resin" also sounds better than glue (resin is a name often associated with fiberglass nails), you can even use the word "adhesive" :) (it's mostly terminology), as long as you are using a decent product line that is actually designed for nails.

Latest posts

Back