Resistant white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemz5490

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for your colour advice please.

Have a customer that’s resistant white, have tried ignora royal 5.00 for resistant white plus 9% on roots for 50mins without joy.

Secondly tried ignora royal 5.00 for resistant white and 6% for 50mins, still not covering 100 percent of the white hair only about 80 percent. Very disappointing.

What would you guys suggest to try now?

Considering pre softening the roots with 6% first then drying before reapplying the tint formula or pre pigging the root with straight tint no peroxide?

Any help would be much appreciated?

Thank you

Hey guys,

Looking for your colour advice please.

Have a customer that’s resistant white, have tried ignora royal 5.00 for resistant white plus 9% on roots for 50mins without joy.

Secondly tried ignora royal 5.00 for resistant white and 6% for 50mins, still not covering 100 percent of the white hair only about 80 percent. Very disappointing.

What would you guys suggest to try now?

Considering pre softening the roots with 6% first then drying before reapplying the tint formula or pre pigging the root with straight tint no peroxide?

Any help would be much appreciated?

Thank you
I find that with some of my clients, the tint takes better if I get them to wash their hair the night before they come. Some clients only wash their hair once a week and sometimes that's too much grime for the colour to penetrate through. Some brands also suggest adding a few grams of the darker shade to get 100% coverage. So if you were using 30g 5.00 I would probably try 25g 5.00 +5g 4.00 with 20vol. That extra bit of depth might just offer that 100% saturated coverage that you're looking for.
Some brands also advise to use slightly less developer than you usually would. E.g. Usual mixture = 30g 5.00 + 30g 20vol. Try 30g 5.00 + 27g 20vol. This makes the colour slightly more dense and helps stop it from slipping away from the scalp. I'm not trained in schwarzkopf but these are a collection of tips I've picked up over the years. Make sure you're painting both sides of your sections and that your sections are fine enough for the colour to penetrate. Ensure there is plenty of product being applied. Also after processing for about 10-15 minutes I'd go back through and make sure the colour hasn't slipped from the very root, if it has reapply.
Hope this helps.

Will try your suggestions, thank you

Latest posts

Back