Resisting the urge to do a pregnancy test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will give those a go. I was thinking of trying some vitamins but there are so many and I gave up trying to find the best one because it was a bit overwhelming!

We have been trying since Sept 2013. My cycles are all over the place/non existent. Currently undergoing tests to see what is wrong. Should hopefully have some answers by 24th April.

It's a long old wait though! Xx

Last edited:
Yea its really hard. Do they have any idea why your cycles aren't regular? At least now that they are looking into it you can get some answers and get treatment if you need it. I've only been for one blood test but I already feel better because I know someone is trying to help me!

No idea. In 18months I have only had 6 periods (if you include spotting as periods). It's good to just know the ball is rolling. Xx

Exactly! At least now you know they are doing something and will hopefully come up with a solution. I read that the 2 most common reasons a woman doesnt ovulate is either PCOS or thyroid problems. Well I have PCOS and I'm currently having my thyroid tested as thyroid problems run in the family. At first I felt really unlucky but now I think actually those 2 things are easy to correct/manage once you know about them. It could be a lot worse!

Month 6 of trying and come on yday. Its thr first real period i was so disappointed to see. Thought i was preped for a long journey but starting to notice little babies and bumps in the street alot more now😤
Its amazing how instinct takes over like this. This time 12 months ago i was the least maternal person on this planet now all i want is a baby!

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

Month 6 of trying and come on yday. Its thr first real period i was so disappointed to see. Thought i was preped for a long journey but starting to notice little babies and bumps in the street alot more now😤
Its amazing how instinct takes over like this. This time 12 months ago i was the least maternal person on this planet now all i want is a baby!

Hey I totally sympathise and understand what you are going through. I'm exactly the same babies and bumps everywhere I look!

I used to struggle with irregular cycles, it took me 5 years to have my 3rd child. My first two I had when I was in my teens so I was shocked when I didn't easily catch on number 3.

Anyway, it turned out I had a luteal phase defect, it's linked to low progesterone production and makes periods appear either too often (in my case 2x a month) or not often enough. I took a B12 supplement everyday and soon had success, during my pregnancy I did fall quite ill and developed pernicious anaemia meaning I have to have B12 injections every 3 months. It cured my erratic cycles that's for sure, I'm now regular as clockwork and on no contraception because my husband had the snip. So to anyone taking pre-pregnancy supplements check they contain a good dose of B12, I firmly believe it really helps. Obviously this may not help those with PCOS or those needing Clomid. It may help those with irregular cycles who were fine before though. Good luck ladies x

Hey I totally sympathise and understand what you are going through. I'm exactly the same babies and bumps everywhere I look!

Literally everywhere right!!!!
Baby shower parties, pram for sale on facebook, its following us everywhere!

I'm 20 weeks now but haven't had any symptoms all the way through. The only reason I knew was because I was late xx
Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Here's my little boy :) due in Aug xx

Sorry to hijack the thread but I really need to vent before I cry myself to sleep again. Myself and my partner have been trying since December 2013 for baby number 1, no luck yet. I have totally normal regular cycles so don't know what's wrong. Every month I convince myself that this is the month and every month my heart breaks a bit more when I'm having to go buy tampons. It happened again today so I am currently eating an entire box of chocs to myself while he is off at work, don't even want to think about seeing his disappointed face and the brave one he tries to put on for me. All we want is a child. Why is it so hard for some people and yet girls who don't want children are popping them out everywhere I look. I feel like such a failure that I can't do the one thing my body was supposedly made for.wa

Last edited:
Congrats lyd91, can I ask if you did anything different that cycle? Willing to try anything now!!

Sorry to hijack the thread but I really need to vent before I cry myself to sleep again. Myself and my partner have been trying since December 2013 for baby number 1, no luck yet. I have totally normal regular cycles so don't know what's wrong. Every month I convince myself that this is the month and every month my heart breaks a bit more when I'm having to go buy tampons. It happened again today so I am currently eating an entire box of chocs to myself while he is off at work, don't even want to think about seeing his disappointed face and the brave one he tries to put on for me. All we want is a child. Why is it so hard for some people and yet girls who don't want children are popping them out everywhere I look. I feel like such a failure that I can't do the one thing my body was supposedly made for.wa

Ouch honey u needed that yes?
Its such a horrible horrible situation!
Im so sorry 😭😭
I really hope it happens soon 4 u x

Easier said then done but you need to take your mind off it... the stress caused by not having a child plays a huge part in not getting pregnant x

Definitely needed that. Phew....Debbie downer for the next few days then back in the game 😋 it is stressful but I do try to relax with it, I find it fine once it's a new month because I'm optimistic and believing that it's definitely the month but it's when I start feeling crampy and bloated that it hits me again!

Becca@blush have you or your partner been to see a doctor? It might be worth going just to check that everything is ok and working as it should. And if it isn't then they can help you. Also try to relax, I know that is ALOT easier than done but my friend was trying for 6 months and got really stressed about it so her and her partner agreed to stop actively trying. They obviously kept having sex without precautions but they started just doing it for fun again and within a month she was pregnant! She firmly believes that not stressing about it made it happen :)

Definitely needed that. Phew....Debbie downer for the next few days then back in the game 😋 it is stressful but I do try to relax with it, I find it fine once it's a new month because I'm optimistic and believing that it's definitely the month but it's when I start feeling crampy and bloated that it hits me again!

Hiya have you tried anything like reflexology or acupuncture. I have had reflexology and I think it's truly amazing! I believe it helped me conceive my first pregnancy which unfortunately ended in a missed miscarriage, I then had it again before conceiving my daughter although had reiki also before conceiving her and think that played a part. I've sadly just had another missed miscarriage so am having reflexology again to help get my body and hormones all balanced again.

No nothing different. Not that I can remember anyway lol. Just happened. Fingers crossed for you xxx

I know exactly how you feel! It's been 2 years for me and had no luck! All tests results are normal. I have vented to the girls on here a few times! lol have you been for tests? X

Latest posts

Back