Respiratory problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina67

Reaction score
Hi I've been spray tanning for over 6 years now, I use an extractor fan and nose filters but just lately have been very heavy chested. I've tried using a mask but can't get on with them as I get really hot and end up pulling it off at the end and taking a big gulp of air! Plus my clients can't hear me with one on. Has anyone suffered any breathing or respiratory problems from long term spray tanning? Should I be worried? TIA

Hi I've been spray tanning for over 6 years now, I use an extractor fan and nose filters but just lately have been very heavy chested. I've tried using a mask but can't get on with them as I get really hot and end up pulling it off at the end and taking a big gulp of air! Plus my clients can't hear me with one on. Has anyone suffered any breathing or respiratory problems from long term spray tanning? Should I be worried? TIA

Anyone at all?

I haven't heard of anyone having an issue, but it is perfectly plausible. What gun and solution are you using?

Does the situation get progressively worse through the day and better if you take a break (eg the weekend)?

How is your general health? I would suggest going to see your doctor and getting checked out as their are many causes for respiratory problems, it may have nothing to do with spray tanning, although it could maybe be exacerbating an underlying condition.

How is your general health? I would suggest going to see your doctor and getting checked out as their are many causes for respiratory problems, it may have nothing to do with spray tanning, although it could maybe be exacerbating an underlying condition.

Thanks for your replies, I will go to the doctors to get checked out.

Apart from the extractor fan what is general ventilation in the room like?

as well as extractor I keep the window open

your right go to the doctor get your lungs checked out

I'm usually fine when tanning, despite having asthma, but after a Spray Tan Party & tanning 6+ people I notice my breathing isn't great for a couple days!

Do you use extraction when doing your spray tan parties TheBeautyBoxB ?

All spray tan technicians who do a decent number of spray tans have to make sure they are using extraction, spraying in a well ventilated room, following all technician health and safety and using a spray tan gun which produces very little over spray is a must.

Ideally a spacious room and not a confined space when spray tanning as well!!!! Also good to check your ingredients in your solution so you know you are using one with decent ingredients with no nastiest e.g highest grade of DHA and Organic :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back