Restylane Fillers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martigirl

Reaction score
I am getting my top lip done for christmas. Hopefully this Saturday:eek:

I have linked up with a top facial surgeon who is coming in to the salon to do fillers, Botox etc.

I can't wait.

I have also persuaded my landlord who is a dentist to let me advertise his tooth whitening system:)

I am a lucky girl with the resources I have available to me.

OOh! Id sooo love to see before & after pics if youre feeling brave.

I dont know much about this but its something I wouldnt mind learning more about.

Ooh I second the before and after pics suggestion :green:

I really think that everyone should do what makes them happy, but, and this is the reason I went it alone.......I'm a beauty therapist not a dental technician, not a cosmetic surgeon or a dermatologist.

Obviously we had a trained nurse in the salon to do fillers, but I think colleges need to re-look at what they teach, and maybe have one course for beauty and another for a medi-beauty therapist?

I know beauty therapy is changing fast - but I think we should be pushing prevention rather that reaction - good diet, good skincare etc

I really think that everyone should do what makes them happy, but, and this is the reason I went it alone.......I'm a beauty therapist not a dental technician, not a cosmetic surgeon or a dermatologist.

Obviously we had a trained nurse in the salon to do fillers, but I think colleges need to re-look at what they teach, and maybe have one course for beauty and another for a medi-beauty therapist?

I know beauty therapy is changing fast - but I think we should be pushing prevention rather that reaction - good diet, good skincare etc

I do think Martigirl has the right idea here....a top facial surgeon to do the fillers/botox and a Dental surgeon on site for the teeth whitening, and of course Martigirl for all the beauty treatments.
Therefore she can cater for all clients....Those who want a more radical & invasive treatment and those who want a more holistic treatment.....
....and the best bit for me I am within 20 minutes travel from her salon!!!

I will see if I notice a difference in you next week Martigirl ....can't wait!

I agree she is doing it the right way, getting professionals to do it - but a lot of salons get the therapists to do it - in my last salon I had to do teeth whitening after one days training!!

This is one of the things I pointed out when I left that I felt the salon was more of a medi spa than a treatment spa and, that as a beauty therapist I didn't feel comfortable sucking out peoples salivia with one of those things a dentist should be using....

Obviously that's my personal opinion and others love the idea of doing more invasive treatments - I prefer the natural approach as much as possible.

I agree she is doing it the right way, getting professionals to do it - but a lot of salons get the therapists to do it - in my last salon I had to do teeth whitening after one days training!!

This is one of the things I pointed out when I left that I felt the salon was more of a medi spa than a treatment spa and, that as a beauty therapist I didn't feel comfortable sucking out peoples salivia with one of those things a dentist should be using....

Obviously that's my personal opinion and others love the idea of doing more invasive treatments - I prefer the natural approach as much as possible.

Oh I am totally with you on this....and as a client I would only want qalified MEDICAL personnel carring out anything that involves injections & lasers....... But thanks to programmes like 10 Years younger and Extreme Makeover more and more clients are going to want these treatments.
I have spent a fortune getting my teeth made over...I certainly would not want someone with 1 days training faffing about in my mouth lol!!!:eek:

Hi francesXXX you are absolutely right.

I would never have contemplated offering these services unless I had people at the top of their game offering the service. The facial surgeon is just that not a nurse or beauty therapist (btw new legislation means that Botox can only be prescribed by a doctor, so I am well covered there)

I would never have considered this option except both these gentlemen's qualifications and reputations speak for themselves.

I have no part whatsoever to play in the treatment side of either service I can merely recommend.

I hear exactly what you are saying about preventative which is why I chose Environ skincare and Jane Iredale as my make up range.

Unfortunately for a few of my clients they want a quicker solution than that, but you can rest assured that younger clients including my 7 and 10 year old sons are using Environ as the best preventative gift I can give them.

If I can get the before and after pics sent to me I will pm them to those who are interested. (ps I am looking for only a slight change)

Well, the reason I havent persued any invasive treatments is because I dont really know where to start & francesXXX, no offence so I hope none is taken but, I definately wouldnt want to be treated with invasive/tooth whitening treatments by you either, so good for you for standing your ground in not wanting to perform them.

I think getting together with top professionals in this way is an excellent idea, and definately the sort of place Id take my business after doing research on the subject.

Id very much like to see your before & after result, Marti. So Ill definately be Pming, if youre comfortable with sharing.

I already have quite a full mouth but the last few years Ive noticed my top lip doesnt look as full as it did, I too would like a subtle enhancement & not the 'trout' mouth I think a lot of peeps have associated with the Restylane proceedure through the media.
Hmmm! Marti, think you might have started me on something now :lol:

You can come to Glasgow stay with me go out with me and Isabel and get your filler done in the same weekend:)

Sorted:hug:

You can come to Glasgow stay with me go out with me and Isabel and get your filler done in the same weekend:)

Sorted:hug:

But you need to do my nails Glo!!!! Madame Pompadour style!!...but no pics please:o

Thats a thought I will give you 5 star service if you do my nails too:hug:

Thats a thought I will give you 5 star service if you do my nails too:hug:

don't fall for it Glo...it's a con!!!
She ALWAYS gives 5 star service!!!!

lol you are too kindxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

but you are meant to be in bed early lol

He! he! you girls are mad!!!

Izzi ... Ill happily do you a set of Mme Pompadour's ... but only if you wear the wig! :eek:

I'd have fillers or botox but only with a doctor.:)
Please can I have my nails done by Glo too?
I'll wear the wig, I'll wear anything!!

Hi Martigirl,

would really like some info on the teeth whitening - can you PM me?

Alison
x

I'd have fillers or botox but only with a doctor.:)
Please can I have my nails done by Glo too?
I'll wear the wig, I'll wear anything!!
Here here me too i`d wear the wig and the whole outfit if glo did my nails :hug:

no problem
:hug:

Unfortunately he forgot to bring his camera so I don't have any pics sorry to everyone:cry:

Latest posts

Back