RESULTS - Dress A Nail Competition Spring/Summer 2009

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValencianNails

Positivity rules!
Reaction score
The judges score sheets have been sent back... the scores have been added up, checked, double checked and triple checked lol

And the winner is Vanish - entry number 5 - Congratulations :hug:

2nd place is ~Emmsybabes~ - entry number 21

3rd place is DellazNailz - entry number 27

4th place is Angel Fingers - entry number 14

5th place is SammiG - entry number 9

Thank you to everyone who entered and a massive congratulations to our winners.

As a quick reminder, the prizes are:
1st place - sponsored by Derek Murdoch ~ Afiniti ~ Nfu.Oh Master Artist 90 pc kit

plus
2nd place - Nfu.Oh mixed media nailart box, hand picked by the Afiniti team.

3rd place - sponsored by Samantha Sweet ~ Sweet Squared ~ Mini Minx kit

4th place - sponsored by Fiona Barron ~ Jewellery My Design ~ A handmade ankle bracelet plus a Nail Graphix colour of your choice

5th place - sponsored by Adell ~ Nail Delights ~ Mixed Media nail art items incl 3d stickers and foils plus much more

The entries (and a list of names) can all be found by clicking here.

Attachments

• 5 - vanish.jpg
    5 - vanish.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 872
  • 21 - emmsybabes.jpg
    21 - emmsybabes.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 816
  • 27 - dellaznailz.jpg
    27 - dellaznailz.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 828
  • 14 - Angel Fingers.jpg
    14 - Angel Fingers.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 813
  • 9 - SammiG.JPG
    9 - SammiG.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,024
Well done winners and runners up.xx

oh, wow!
i'm really suprised, i nearly didnt mail in my photo.
thankyou very much.

Well done everyone.. you should all be very proud of yourselves.

I must admit that No5 was my firm favourite... followed by 22 .. which didn't actually place.

Congratulations to all the finalists :hug:

Congratulations to you all, at least 2 of my faves were in there lol, 1st & 4th place :hug:

Mine was number 19 with silver thread petals and silver leaf

Last edited:
well done everyone!! mine was 22 the black and gold swirls.:)

Congratulations to you all.
Lovely work.
xx:hug:xx

Well done guys!!

My definite fave was fifth place (entry number 9!)

Mine was entry number 7 (very unclear due to it being taken on my phone :rolleyes: :rolleyes:, and with a flash!)

Great fun!!

Can't wait for the next comp!!! Hint hint!!! Ha!! :lol:

xxx

congrats all, very nice work.

bralynstudio

congrats everyone. do we get a list of all the places people came? I know they wont win prizes but I know i'd like to know as it was my first ever comp.:cry:

Mine was number 18.

Id also like to know what place everyone come in xx

Congratulations Vanish and all the runners up, well done:):):)

Vanish is such a fantastic teacher and I am very proud to be one of her students:hug:

Congrats winners!

Well dont to all who took part :hug:

OMG thank you so much for 3rd place :hug::hug::hug: I'm going to be minxing everyone in site:green:

I guessed emmsybabes one:!: Funny I nearly chose a very similar shoe and was going to use our silver Event bag as a background too!

My favs came 1st and 2nd, well done:hug:

Thank you Sandi for all your hard work and thank you judges:hug::hug:

I'm afraid I forgot how to spell complitely now:irked:
My first ever prize I won doing nails!!!Can not to describe my emotions!!!!!
Congratulations to everebody who entered! Emazing enteries!My fav was entery No 14 and 21:)
Thank you Sandi for the oportunity and such a great organisation!
Thank you judges, you had a hard work!

And spesial thank you to Goldie758- her comment my best prize!(and students who as determined as her!!)
Well done everybody!!xx

Well done everyone! Im mega impressed - with all the entries but especially the winners - and Im going to get practising my skills ready for the next comp!!

Well Done!! :green:

Luv prettymiss xxxx

A huge well done to the winners and everyone who entered. The entries were all fantastic and very hard to judge. I have been sat here most of the day doing my judging, I am going to be dreaming about feet tonight :lol:

A massive well done to Sandi who has spent a lot of time organising this competition. :hug::hug:

A huge well done to the winners and everyone who entered. The entries were all fantastic and very hard to judge. I have been sat here most of the day doing my judging, I am going to be dreaming about feet tonight :lol:

A massive well done to Sandi who has spent a lot of time organising this competition. :hug::hug:

Ditto, spent most of last night and today looking through all the entries, was very hard to judge but i thoroughly enjoyed it too, well done to everyone who entered and also fi,lou and especially Sandi ( we got there in the end :lol:)
hazex

Last edited:
WELL DONE EVERYBODY :hug:

And omg I am sooooo chuffed again, (i am now going to scrub all this paint off my floor by hand :irked: with a huge smile on my face :green:)

I can't tell you on this one how surprised I am... when I found out this comp was feet, straight away I said 'I'm out' lol, I am not keen on feet and don't do them much ( well at all lol)
So It is waaaaaayyyy out of my comfort zone.
But I had to enter I just had to ..... I did two different entries, then had to choose between the 2, I leaned more towards the other one really,

But I have been decorating and haven't been on geek so much, On saturday night I had gone to bed totally wiped out from decorating , and at about 1.45 am I thought 'oooo nooooo the comp' I thought I had missed it, so got out of bed to check, and send in my entry when I realised I hadn't missed it lmao

So I'll say again.... always have a go, even if you think there is no point !
You just never know,
Just told my boyfriend I came 2nd.... and even he did this :eek: as he knew how unhappy I was with these nails lol

Thankyoouuuuu

congrats everyone. do we get a list of all the places people came? I know they wont win prizes but I know i'd like to know as it was my first ever comp.:cry:

I don't think there will be a list of where everybody came but you can contact Sandi and I'm sure she will let you have a copy of your score sheet so you can see how you did :hug:

Well done everyone, you didn't make our lives easy :lol:
i spent all yesterday evening scoring, then i was scoring in my sleep,
up at the crack of dawn and scoring till i finally finished just after lunch.

You all did great,
well done on your first win Vanish :hug:
and well done to all our other winners :hug:

and a big well done to everyone for having a go and i agree with what has already been said

WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE :lol:

Latest posts

Back