Retail - l need some tips and tricks.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smiler13334

#Nailartistic_me
Reaction score
Hi All

We have all been told that RETAIL is a major part of business so what would be the best things to have in stock? other than cuticle oil, files etc.

For Mobile/home Technicians?

and For a salon?

When adviseing Clients on products to buy, do you do this at the end of the treatment or during? The reason l'm asking is l like to know how others do it then pick up some pointers!!

I am based in a salon and I have my retail products in my waiting area, they are:

Pinkie Solar Oil
¼ oz Solar Oil
Scentsations Hand & Body Lotion
Solar Silk
Stickey
Super Shiney
Speedey
Toughen Up
Pinkie Out the Door
Out the Door
Large Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel
Small Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel
Hologram Nail File
Small Girlfriend Buffer
Large Girlfriend Buffer
Nail Glue
Non-Acetone Nail Varnish Remover
Gift Vouchers

I use these products in manicure/nail enhancements treatments so my clients see me use them and then buy them for home use, works well for me, most popular retail item is solar oil, solar silk, girlfriends, nail varnish remover, out the door.

Hope this helps, I'm sure others will leave their retail product lists too.

Hiya
I too am based in a salon and I have my retail products in my nail room and also downstairs in my reception (which is a hair salon so i do have an advantage)

I stock the following: (best sellers first)
Pinkie Solar Oil
¼ oz Solar Oil
1/2 os solar oil
Mini solar butter
Solar butter
Mini cucumber heel therapy
Biosculpture Non acetone polish remover
Biosculpture clear coat
Creative nail polish stand
Toughen up
Cucumber heel therapy
Afterwax
Night time gloves and booties
Foot rasps
Nail files and buffers
Solar Silk
Stickey
Super Shiney
Speedey

As we do the treatment we talk about what we are using and why and the client usually asks "oooh thats lovely do you sell it? how much?"
This is your opening, if you dont tell them what you are using and why, they have no openings, and always lead with an open ended question. A huge part of my business is retail, i do hair, beauty treatments, tanning and nails.
HTH always put the product down in front of her or if she has a hand free pop it in her hand and she will read the back. I stock the mini sizes because people see it as "expensive" but once they have tried it they buy the larger ones.

Bit of a ramble sorry, i love retailing!!

Little Angel said:
As we do the treatment we talk about what we are using and why and the client usually asks "oooh thats lovely do you sell it? how much?"
This is your opening, if you dont tell them what you are using and why, they have no openings, and always lead with an open ended question. A huge part of my business is retail, i do hair, beauty treatments, tanning and nails.
HTH always put the product down in front of her or if she has a hand free pop it in her hand and she will read the back. I stock the mini sizes because people see it as "expensive" but once they have tried it they buy the larger ones.QUOTE]

This is the point!!!

Know your products inside and out and why they benefit the clients and then TELL them about it ... All of it.
Retail is the smartest way to make money in the salon. Good advice given here in this post.

Thanks Julie, Tracey and Gigi,

You have given me an idea of what to stock, and good sale pitches.

Thankyou!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back